Website server move!

Whats going on in the world of Fifth Sin today?
AshTrai
Co-Guild Master
Class: Mage

Website server move!

Postby AshTrai » 26 Dec 2016, 18:16

I've taken advantage of the Christmas break to relocate the Fifth-sin.com website to a new web server. This means it's no longer running off my slow internet line and should therefore be a far faster site to load content (particularly pictures).

If there are any problems, let me know by posting the issue in this thread (or forum PM me) and i'll take a look shortly. Aly/great/tharkun can contact me directly outside of the forums as well if it's a big problem and i'll look at it right away.

Edit:-
Known problems:
- Unable to browse user profiles and/or edit them - fixed!
- Class icon broken img links on recruitment page - fixed!
- Image uploading to the forums is broken - fixed!
- Cookie issues because people were using 2 different URL's to access the forums - fixed! (01/03/17)
- Forum not sending emails (forgot password, notifications, etc) - fixed! (05/03/17)
AshTrai ~ 灰皿 ~ Co-GM & Mage Captain
"It's my duty. My duty as a complete and utter bastard!" - Arnold Rimmer
"My advice overall is to play that you enjoy and not swap constantly based on what some website says." - Ghostcrawler
Tharkun wrote:Where ever there is a thread that needs to be derailed, we will be there.
Where ever there is someone that needs taking down a peg or two, we will be there.
Where ever there is someone in need, we won't be there as we will be somewhere else taking the piss out of filthy lessers.

Greát
Dragon
Class: Paladin

Re: Website server move!

Postby Greát » 27 Dec 2016, 17:54

Class icons on the homepage are missing on the recruitment sidebar
Former Paladin CLM

AshTrai
Co-Guild Master

Postby AshTrai » 28 Dec 2016, 14:03

hmm, so they are. They must have been cached on my machine which is why i never saw the broken links originally.
Should be fairly easy to fix.

edit: fixed.
They were stored in the DKP folder but since i didn't upload the DKP software to the new host, that's why the links were dead. I've created them a home under the images dir now. 8)
"My advice overall is to play that you enjoy and not swap constantly based on what some website says." - Ghostcrawler
Tharkun wrote:Where ever there is a thread that needs to be derailed, we will be there.
Where ever there is someone that needs taking down a peg or two, we will be there.
Where ever there is someone in need, we won't be there as we will be somewhere else taking the piss out of filthy lessers.

AshTrai
Co-Guild Master

Postby AshTrai » 28 Dec 2016, 14:13

I've also turned off port 80 on my router which means that nobody can reach the site that's hosted on my IP any more (nobody should be ... but this is more an FYI than anything).
If anyone cannot access the website then it's cos they have the wrong ip for www.fifth-sin.com cached in DNS.
Performing a flushdns command from command prompt should sort that:

Code: Select all

ipconfig /flushdns

AshTrai
Co-Guild Master

Postby AshTrai » 28 Dec 2016, 18:53

I used the Legion wallpaper from Blizzard as the new forum banner.
Illidan is looking right at me :crazy:

If other people wanna make a forum banner then attach 'em to this thread so we can see em! If it's better than what's there, i'll put it up.

AshTrai
Co-Guild Master

Postby AshTrai » 05 Mar 2017, 14:29

Just a bump for people to let me know if something is broken on the website/forum, since I've fixed a few errors/bugs recently :)

Return to “News and Progress”