So... WoD, what's that like?

General Banter for everyone
Winston
Dragon
Class:

So... WoD, what's that like?

Postby Winston » 15 Nov 2014, 08:51

Hi guys, long time no see :)

Not played in a long time, wondering what WoD is like? Any major improvements?

I've seen stat squishing and Garrisons, thought I'm not sure what the aim of Garrisons is.

I'm close to relapsing and getting it, but thought I would get everyone else's thoughts on the expansion first.

Winston
Winston - 85 Troll Hunter
Karne - 85 Goblin Warrior
Squee - 85 Goblin Shaman

Theyspokeina
Ogre
Class: Frost DK

Re: So... WoD, what's that like?

Postby Theyspokeina » 15 Nov 2014, 10:08

lagg, shit not working, bs :)

Alyssia
Co-Guild Master
Class: Warrior

Postby Alyssia » 15 Nov 2014, 15:01

Take the server issues away and so far it is very good imo :)
"Big star. I blow solar flares out of my ass" -Denny Crane.
"You don't plan sincerity. You have to make it up on the spot!" -Denny Crane
"I don't understand why people don't use violence to solve their problems more often, it works every time!" - Denny Crane.
"Hate to extort and run, but I'm afraid I will need an answer on this. Now." - Alan Shore.
Co-Guildmaster & Raidleader of Fifth SinImage King of Norweden and Waffle.

AshTrai
Co-Guild Master
Class: Mage

Postby AshTrai » 15 Nov 2014, 15:50

wouldn't know, haven't really played it due to all the lag/server issues.
Garrisons mashed constantly xD
AshTrai ~ 灰皿 ~ Co-GM & Mage Captain
"It's my duty. My duty as a complete and utter bastard!" - Arnold Rimmer
"My advice overall is to play that you enjoy and not swap constantly based on what some website says." - Ghostcrawler
Tharkun wrote:Where ever there is a thread that needs to be derailed, we will be there.
Where ever there is someone that needs taking down a peg or two, we will be there.
Where ever there is someone in need, we won't be there as we will be somewhere else taking the piss out of filthy lessers.

Ihuntya
Ogre
Class: Hunter

Postby Ihuntya » 15 Nov 2014, 18:00

So far it's been the best expansion launch ever.

Today I logged in at 11:00 (after maintenance) I got in the queue till 13:00, awesome times.
I got to play for about an hour, then at 14:15 the server went offline for a restart, I had some issues logging in as every time is tried the server was still offline. When I finally managed to get back online I got stuck in the queue again. It's almost 17:00 So I've been in this queue for almost 3 hours, and I am still 885th in the queue with an estimated time of 55+ minutes (sometimes it shows 400+ minutes).

At least the game is playable compared to Thursday and Friday, if you somehow manage to get in game at all.

All the server issues aside, the expansion looks really good so far. I am not quite sure how it is at level 100, as I am no where near that yet. But I enjoy leveling, the quests are quite fun and doesn't feel like an annoying long grind. As you actually can see the progress you make, especially now with the garrison.

Hardland
Ogre
Class:

Postby Hardland » 16 Nov 2014, 02:18

Im still lvl 90, last time (and first time) i managed to play i didnt get finish the garrison quest due to phasing problems. Did have about 500 ppl in the place that should be my garrison. Anyway..Preordering a game gets u fuck all.

Winston
Dragon
Class:

Postby Winston » 16 Nov 2014, 07:45

I've heard there were a bunch of latency issues, how are the queues on Draenor atm?

Squee - 85 Goblin Shaman

AshTrai
Co-Guild Master

Postby AshTrai » 16 Nov 2014, 19:19

huge :)
"My advice overall is to play that you enjoy and not swap constantly based on what some website says." - Ghostcrawler
Tharkun wrote:Where ever there is a thread that needs to be derailed, we will be there.
Where ever there is someone that needs taking down a peg or two, we will be there.
Where ever there is someone in need, we won't be there as we will be somewhere else taking the piss out of filthy lessers.

nathalie
Raider
Class: Rogue

Postby nathalie » 16 Nov 2014, 19:58

Currently trying to log in.
Started 16:35 at position ~4100
Now, almost 2.5 hours later I am at 2400, and an estimated time of 428 minutes or just about 7 hours.

fuzznoggin
Raider
Class: Priest

Postby fuzznoggin » 16 Nov 2014, 21:10

Same, I am tempted to just start levelling a char on my old realm which has no queues, because considering I can't really log on any earlier than 4pm every day, unless the Draenor queues get fixed I'm never going to be able to level my main at all if it takes 6 hours per night to log in

Winston
Dragon
Class:

Postby Winston » 17 Nov 2014, 07:42

I work nights, so I shouldn't need to worry about queues, but good to know if I'll need to log Nat on earlier :)

Thanks for the info guys!

Squee - 85 Goblin Shaman

nathalie
Raider

Postby nathalie » 17 Nov 2014, 12:26

took me a total of 8 hours and 30 minutes to log on yesterday

AshTrai
Co-Guild Master

Postby AshTrai » 17 Nov 2014, 18:59

ouch lol.
What happened to me was that i woke up at 9am, logged in immediately - no queue.
Played until 11:00 ish, decided to hearth to garrison.
Encountered bugg where it dont load... thought "fuck it" and alt-tabbed while it sat there. Checked back every few mins for 15 mins.... still not got anywhere.
Eventually started watching a youtube vid for 10+ minutes and forgot about wow.
Tabbed back in...i'd been d/c ... attempted to log in.... 3.6k queue....nooooooooooo

5 hours later... i got back in to the game. All cos of that fucking garrison bug :P

lame.

nathalie
Raider

Postby nathalie » 17 Nov 2014, 19:36

if you get bugs, just alt + f4 out quickly and relog, most of the time you will get in while you can still skip the queue, and the relog will make the transfer fail

Veno
Dragon

Postby Veno » 17 Nov 2014, 22:54

Hardland wrote:Im still lvl 90, last time (and first time) i managed to play i didnt get finish the garrison quest due to phasing problems. Did have about 500 ppl in the place that should be my garrison. Anyway..Preordering a game gets u fuck all.

Yeh pre ordering is overrated, but at least you can get a digital copy now. I remember me and Ash preordered Wrath of the Lich King online like a year before it came out, and it didn't even get to either of us on release day. Seething.

Can't wait to try this expansion out once the queues die down.

AshTrai
Co-Guild Master

Postby AshTrai » 18 Nov 2014, 20:17

haha i remember that Veno.
The problem with the digital version is that it's always more expensive to get it direct from blizzard.

As an extreme example, I bought Diablo 3 from Amazon and it was literally half the price. I got it on release day (i remember the login server problems!!!)

Veno
Dragon

Postby Veno » 19 Nov 2014, 20:53

AshTrai wrote:haha i remember that Veno.
The problem with the digital version is that it's always more expensive to get it direct from blizzard.

As an extreme example, I bought Diablo 3 from Amazon and it was literally half the price. I got it on release day (i remember the login server problems!!!)

That was 6 years ago believe it or not. Fucking hell, it doesn't feel that long!

Persuit
Retarded
Retarded
Class: FIFTH SIN

Postby Persuit » 21 Nov 2014, 01:37

u gonna play with us veno?
INNNERVATE? - ex - Priest CLM
[85:Othilia]: i know... alway those fucking 14yearold pink bubblefuckers
[85:Ashtrai]: please
[85:Pannadin]: nice too see fifth having good progress to i geuss the key for succes is persuit!

AshTrai
Co-Guild Master

Postby AshTrai » 21 Nov 2014, 15:22

Persuit wrote:u gonna play with us veno?

It just sounds dirty when persuit says that.

Veno
Dragon

Postby Veno » 23 Nov 2014, 19:14

Persuit wrote:u gonna play with us veno?

Haha when did you come back? (again :p)

I'll make an appearance over the Christmas break most likely. This expansion looks a lot better than Pandaland.

AshTrai
Co-Guild Master

Postby AshTrai » 24 Nov 2014, 10:17

It's pretty much the same, except that u dont have a million dailies to do each day now.

Devoured
Dragon
Class:

Postby Devoured » 27 Nov 2014, 02:56

I was in a Dungeon last with someone who claimed to be you on a Druid, I knew it wasn't you though because they weren't half bad ;)

Winston
Dragon
Class:

Postby Winston » 27 Nov 2014, 13:24

Devoured wrote:I was in a Dungeon last with someone who claimed to be you on a Druid, I knew it wasn't you though because they weren't half bad ;)

Cheeky shit :P

Squee - 85 Goblin Shaman

AshTrai
Co-Guild Master

Postby AshTrai » 10 Dec 2014, 15:16

Get off Draenor winston, u damn dirty...troll!

Return to “Public General”