Just passing by..

General Banter for everyone
Silvertau
Ogre
Class:

Just passing by..

Postby Silvertau » 11 Jan 2017, 13:30

Just jumped in to say hello ;-)

I tought some of old members might wonder whats up while I show up sometimes, basically no-life in WoW all the time, but didn't join the crew back (and never actaully talked with most of you guys)

I was considering getting back even few times, but got mostly discouraged by just 2 raids a week.
I didn't want to get back to 4 days like we used to raid as well .. but 2 days was bit to little fun a week for me.
I heared most of you wanted to play much more casually, while I wanted more and more of Legion. Not just raiding but also pushing some M+ in the free evenings.
Thats why even while my first, legions guild appeared to be angry, scotish hell I just moved around to yet another, even rolling back to Silvertau (Priest).
So thats my reasons .. not dumping you guys to find "better progressing group", just place where I can find people to play with more in general.

Grats on progress and GL. :hug:
I will be still around and sometimes showing up to troll on guild chat :lol:
(already 7 completed class campaigns, and can't decide which alt to continue with further, and which to dump -____- )
------------------------------------------------
Friends don't let friends PUG

Alyssia
Co-Guild Master
Class: Warrior

Re: Just passing by..

Postby Alyssia » 11 Jan 2017, 20:27

Hey m8, you are always welcome to come hang out, and if you want any character invited just let us know :) If you were to find out that 2 raids per week is something you would be fine with, you also know where to find me for a chat! xD
"Big star. I blow solar flares out of my ass" -Denny Crane.
"You don't plan sincerity. You have to make it up on the spot!" -Denny Crane
"I don't understand why people don't use violence to solve their problems more often, it works every time!" - Denny Crane.
"Hate to extort and run, but I'm afraid I will need an answer on this. Now." - Alan Shore.
Co-Guildmaster & Raidleader of Fifth SinImage King of Norweden and Waffle.

Tharkun
Head of Melee / ArchBattlesteed
Head of Melee / ArchBattlesteed
Class: Druid

Postby Tharkun » 12 Jan 2017, 12:50

What Aly said, it would be awesome to have you back raiding with us and we would be happy to have you back at any time.
Thaculrai
Officer and Dark Lord of Fifth Sin
Former Druid Class Master
Alyssia wrote:
Hightous wrote:Nice app! SWEDEN! He missed the "What are you good at" question tho but other than that he seams like a good player.

That question automatically blanks out when it detects swedes, as it knows anything written there would be a lie :P

Taurushon 06/02/2017 - "I wouldn't call it racist, just white supremacy"

Devoured
Dragon
Class:

Postby Devoured » 20 Feb 2017, 17:20

Tharkun wrote:What Aly said, it would be awesome to have you back raiding with us and we would be happy to have you back at any time.

Are you still trying to teach Aly how to tank?

Anyway, I saw AshTrai_UK on the Division this afternoon and am wondering if its Ash from here?

Alyssia
Co-Guild Master

Postby Alyssia » 21 Feb 2017, 00:08

My guess is it is Ash xD And hey m8!
"I don't understand why people don't use violence to solve their problems more often, it works every time!" - Denny Crane.
"Hate to extort and run, but I'm afraid I will need an answer on this. Now." - Alan Shore.

Devoured
Dragon
Class:

Postby Devoured » 21 Feb 2017, 16:07

Alyssia wrote:My guess is it is Ash xD And hey m8!

How's it going dude, I haven't been on HotS for a few weeks since I've been playing the Division :p
Although I mostly played AI to level up, which I will keep reminding you of until we group up and you see how terrible I am! Punktus often gets pretty frustrated with me when playing, which I find funny and often make more mistakes as a result. I also noticed you haven't bothered with the last few seasons of Diablo, you should check out the new features in the next patch!

Ash, feel free to add me it you want to group up my uplay is Lethal_UK, I've been playing since end of December so there's still quite a bit for me to learn but I'm fully geared atm running Alphabridge 4 piece with 2 piece nomad, although that'll probably change when 1.6 is out.

Hope your all progressing well in Legion, and gz with yesterdays progress.

Alyssia
Co-Guild Master

Postby Alyssia » 21 Feb 2017, 16:57

I am always up for a couple of hots games, if you see me online and you want to do some just let me know :) I play a couple of matches more days than not I think, and always more fun with other ppl!

Not really bothered with diablo3 for a while that is true, I found PoE to be more interesting ever since they did their massive melee gameplay update which imo put it on par with d3 in terms of smooth gameplay. Until that point I would have said d3 won out due to feeling smoother when you play it, just more enjoyable to play you class/character. Now I am no longer so sure, and PoE wipes the floor with d3 on just about every point, content, depth, complexity, updates, story, etc. Diablo 3 still wins out on how it looks, but that has never been the most important thing to me. In so many ways PoE is a lot more like diablo2 than diablo 3 is xD

Not ruling out diablo3, but I am unlikely to play it unless they add some new actual content, without any interesting build diversity, the skill system is diablo 3 is offensive to someone who loved diablo 2, makes me cringe every time I think about it. It works, it is smooth but fuck me it is the most boring shit I've ever seen in any rpg. For what is otherwise such a great game, and diablo 3 really is a great game, it is let down by how there is just no fun with customising your own character imo. But, even so, it is still fun to play now and then so when/if they add something genuinely new (and I don't mean tweaking sets and adding new gems) I might well be up for some.

You should consider looking into PoE btw, don't believe it costs anything. absolutely massive content patch incoming there soon so I might play it some again when that hits, all depending on what I got time for (WoW Legion is so far amazing, never had as much fun over as long a period in this game before, and it is not looking to let up, but I might still find some time on the side, just mby :P). I assume ur not looking to get back into wow, as I recall ur break with the game was of a fairly permanent nature, or did I get that wrong? (for you there will always be a spot here if you wanted, nudge nudge xD just in case!).

Devoured
Dragon
Class:

Postby Devoured » 22 Feb 2017, 16:43

Yeah I know about PoE and it indeed is free! I've not tried it yet despite hearing nothing but good things. I'll be trying it at some point, once I've reached a point in Division where I'm not spending so much time on it. Are you playing it much these days or only when patches are released? There is a couple of games coming sort of like Diablo, including an MMO with the Diablo play style which I've always wanted to try.

I do agree with most of the stuff you said about Diablo, the last few seasons I've just been doing the seasonal journey, the talent system also sucks but I think that won't change much with D4 since Blizzard games are aimed at everyone these days. The Necromancer update should hopefully be fun for a little while when that comes.

I've been away from WoW now longer than any other time previously when I took short breaks, at the moment there's no urge to play again but won't rule out ever coming back, just not anytime soon :p It's always nice to hear that I'm welcome here.

Alyssia
Co-Guild Master

Postby Alyssia » 22 Feb 2017, 16:52

I don't play PoE regularly, I did play it a fair amount for a while when I was not playing wow, main reason is just that I don't feel I got time for more than one RPG rly. That being said I might still try it again with this inc patch as there is just sooo much content coming, basically in any previous patch they have added part of an act or one whole act at most, this time they are adding like five whole acts or something silly, basically more than doublying the game content in size if the acts are similar in size to the existing ones.

I might give Necromanzer a go when it comes out, would be an ok reason to do some d3 again, will see.

AshTrai
Co-Guild Master
Class: Mage

Postby AshTrai » 23 Feb 2017, 21:46

yep that's me on the division, Devoured! Some fucker already had "AshTrai" on uplay (or it wouldn't let me have it) so i had to stick on the _UK suffix.
I assume u saw me trolling/annoying people in general chat or something because i haven't come across u in the DZ or in PVE stuff so far (not that i recall anyway o_O). I played pretty hardcore since the release. It's my go-to game since i left wow :)

I play the division quite a lot.... 4 characters, min-maxed, each with a different set, 4 barret's chestpiece, etc etc :D

U will wanna ditch Alpha bridge cos it gets nerfed in 1.6 (released 28th feb). I personally always hated the alpha bridge set cos instead of making u play another way or mixing stuff up, it just stripped gameplay away from u. U go from 2 guns to 1 and it adds 0 gameplay whatsoever. U want 4 piece Strikers, barret's chest piece, an LVOA-C or lightweight M4 with good talents then u will become fucking LETHAL in pve. It's not bad in PVP too. I've ruined people in the DZ cos they attacked me while i had really high stacks of strikers. It's hilarious having 700k DPS :D

I've met other WoW people randomly in the division. Eirikjinx plays it and so does Psyclops.

I added u to uplay btw
AshTrai ~ 灰皿 ~ Co-GM & Mage Captain
"It's my duty. My duty as a complete and utter bastard!" - Arnold Rimmer
"My advice overall is to play that you enjoy and not swap constantly based on what some website says." - Ghostcrawler
Tharkun wrote:Where ever there is a thread that needs to be derailed, we will be there.
Where ever there is someone that needs taking down a peg or two, we will be there.
Where ever there is someone in need, we won't be there as we will be somewhere else taking the piss out of filthy lessers.

Devoured
Dragon
Class:

Postby Devoured » 24 Feb 2017, 15:33

Cool. Devoured was taken for me so I used an old username and had to add the UK thing too. I'm surprised someone took Ashtrai!

Saw you trolling in the base of operations the other day :P

I haven't done any grouping up yet, and very little dark zone. I've done a ton of PvE at world tier 5 and one of the incursions in 2 player (although at lowest difficulty). My gear is actually pretty good but I think incursions is more for 4 people.

I'll be dropping Alpha Bridge for the reasons you said too. I've been watching a lot of Marco videos on YT and some other random ones to figure a lot of this out, I've got 2 characters maxed, one really good geared and the other is a work in progress. I plan to go Strikers on main in 1.6, have another with D3, Tactions and maybe 4th with a set for Dark Zone but each time I go in there I get jumped by groups of 4 players most of the time. I've been using LVOA for quite some time now but I'm starting to consider switching to the Lightweight M4 since it has better control for long bursts, I'll have to see though how good Sub Machine Guns are in 1.6 before deciding on something solid.

Added you last night btw, what are you farming these days?

AshTrai
Co-Guild Master

Postby AshTrai » 24 Feb 2017, 21:29

To be honest, i might have registered AshTrai ages ago when trying to crack ubi games and just forgotten all the details for it. Having said that, AshTrai was also taken on twitch and skype by the time i got round to creating an account on those systems... so there's definitely some other fucker out there using my name variant :p

Yeah Marco is a clever guy. His vids are always well thought out. He does have a PVP bias over things tho.
Skill up is another good one although he's more for PVE

I'm just fleshing out a tacticians & reclaimer set ready for 1.6 since i binned all of those set pieces since 1.4 when they became crap. I've got all 6 pieces for both sets, just seeing if i can get better rolled ones. I quite happily play the game just for killing stuff though :)

I've recently been doing a lot of (mostly solo) DZ in DZ06 - trying to get a Hungry Hog LMG. I tend to go in the DZ at non-peak hours and then i'll almost never get ganked by parties of 4. I think ganking in the DZ will lessen a lot once last stand comes out as that's a dedicated PVP place for those wankers to go kill each other in :p ... much like what happened when instanced PVP started in WoW. Tarren Mill just never saw mass PVP ever again.
"My advice overall is to play that you enjoy and not swap constantly based on what some website says." - Ghostcrawler
Tharkun wrote:Where ever there is a thread that needs to be derailed, we will be there.
Where ever there is someone that needs taking down a peg or two, we will be there.
Where ever there is someone in need, we won't be there as we will be somewhere else taking the piss out of filthy lessers.

AshTrai
Co-Guild Master

Postby AshTrai » 25 Feb 2017, 12:58

incidentally, I made this thread about the division ages ago: http://forums.fifth-sin.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=14230

Alyssia
Co-Guild Master

Postby Alyssia » 28 Feb 2017, 20:46

Just noticed you didn't have spammer access Silver, dunno why, sorted it for you :)

Return to “Public General”