[Accepted] Nexxuria's Application

Apply to Fifth Sin here. Make sure to READ THE STICKIES/ANNOUNCEMENTS at the top before applying!

Nexxuron
Class: Demon Hunter

[Accepted] Nexxuria's Application

Postby Nexxuron » 07 May 2017, 00:23

Personal Info
Real Name (Optional): Kevin Andersson

Character Info
In-Game Name: Nexxuria
Class: Demon Hunter
Primary Talent Spec: Havoc
Scondary(off)Specs: Vengeance

What made you choose these specs for raiding?: Havoc possesses a high amount of sustained burst damage as well as exceptional mobility, and strong priority target damage due to a lack of any real ramp-up mechanics. This makes Havoc Demon Hunters ideal for short fights, as well as for killing adds that need to die very quickly, e.g. Eyes on Gul'dan. I've always enjoyed front-loaded damage and mobility, so I suppose that's why I've continued playing this spec.

What made you gear/gem/enchant like you have?
The legendary setup that I am currently using is Belt+Shoulders, which in all honesty is due to a lack of the legendary ring. This setup involves using relics that reduce the cooldown of Metamorphosis, one of Havoc's most important CDs, as well as a Convergence of Fates and the legendary shoulders to make said CD line up with all the others ones. This variety of build is very useful for fights whose length allows for an extra cast of Metamorphosis, considering it's tremendous DPS value. As for specific off-piece choices, I use SimCraft to figure out which exact combination of gear is ideal, coupled with a bit of common sense. My gems and enchants will usually favor Crit where possible, as my primary resource spender refunds half its cost on a critical strike, and also has its critical damage increased very highly by an artifact trait.

Would you be willing to respec to the guilds needs?:
Yes.. As I am both willing and able to play for extended periods of time, farming AP for a new weapon or gearing a different character should not prove too bothersome. I also have experience playing every single role in the game, so changing classes is not a problem.

Your Current Artifact weapon trait lvl: 48
Link to current armory profile: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... ria/simple

Guild and Raid Info
Previous Guilds: None of note. I have not had the time to play at a hardcore or semi-hardcore level until now.

How long were you in your previous guilds? N/A
Why did you leave your previous guilds?: N/A
Do you know anyone in the Fifth Sin?: I know a recent recruit named Colorful. We run Mythic+ a lot, and during one of the runs we ran into Maelas, which is how he and I heard about the guild.

Raid Experience, elaborate!: Mostly Heroic. As it is known now, that is; not old Heroic. I have been raiding since Wrath of the Lich King, although I took a break from early Cataclysm to late Mists. Throughout the years I've played every single role, and as such I've learned to adapt to pretty much any mechanic the game is likely to throw at me. I played a decent amount throughout BRF and HFC in Warlords, during the latter of which I did raid-leading for Heroic farm for a few months.

How do you prepare for raids and new encounters?: I try to gather as much information about the encounter as possible, keeping up with info from the PTR and such, looking at kill videos, seeing what top guilds are doing, seeing what most other guilds are doing, etc. I generally like to have a good idea of how a fight works beyond my own role.

Are you willing to wipe lots to learn a new encounter?: Absolutely.

Tell us a little about your playstyle, what you think you are good at, less good at, etc.: Owing to years of experience with the game in general, I am extremely adaptable. It doesn't take me very long to understand a fight or concept at all, and whenever I've raided in the past I've been able to consistently hit fairly high (90%+) percentiles, DPS-wise. However, as I said earlier, I prefer to view encounters from a bird's eye-view, and do not mind if my personal glory is diminished so long as I do what the raid needs me to do in order to beat the fight. That being said, I try to min-max as much as humanly possible and am always thinking about how to both do the mechanics and squeeze in those extra few abilities. I could always improve, however, and it is very much my intention to do so.

Play Info
How long have you been playing WoW?: Since about two weeks before TBC came out.
How much do you play?: As much as humanly possible without going insane. Probably about 12 hours a day, at least.
Has your account been traded or passed on?: No.
Does anyone else have access to your account?: No.
Do you have any high level alts?: Death Knight/Monk/Rogue/Paladin at 110, but I play none of them. That being said, I am more than willing to put in a lot of time when it comes to making a new one.

Do you have a working microphone and Teamspeak 3 on your PC?: Yes.
Do you actualy use your mic during raids if called for?: Yes. Even if not called for, provided that it's not disruptive. :)
Can you attend our raid schedule? Wednesday and Monday (with optional days of Thursday, Sunday or Tuesday, one of which will be used when necessary) from 19:30(invites start) 20:00 (raid start) ->23:00): Yes, I can attend your raid schedule.

The Ultimate Question - Sell Yourself
Why do you want to join Fifth Sin, and why should we recruit you?: People seem to like having me around. I'm basically a shining beacon of positivity, yeah. And I'm pretty good at the game too, I guess.

As a sidenote, I understand that you currently do not prioritize recruiting Havoc Demon Hunters. Should you decline my application, I am prepared to gear a different class and try again, if possible. Hope the app wasn't too long!

Alyssia
Co-Guild Master
Class: Warrior

Re: Nexxuria's Application

Postby Alyssia » 08 May 2017, 08:24

I am afraid we are rather full on melee at the moment, to the point where I am not looking to take on any more. If this were not the case I'd be inclined to give you a chance, however as it stands it would not be fair to you nor to our current raiders to take on another melee.

I understand you want to join your friend in the same guild, and as such you are more than welcome to join as a friens rank if you want to. As for re-rolling to another character as you mention, that is ofc up to you but I would be surprised if you were raid rdy on a new character much before ToS, and I should warn you that we already have others lined up doinh the same for ToS so you would be in a queue basically.
"Big star. I blow solar flares out of my ass" -Denny Crane.
"You don't plan sincerity. You have to make it up on the spot!" -Denny Crane
"Hate to extort and run, but I'm afraid I will need an answer on this. Now." - Alan Shore.
"I would not mind you in my head if you were not so clearly mad." - Lews Therin Telamon.
Co-Guildmaster & Raidleader of Fifth SinImage King of Norweden and Waffle.

Return to “Recruitment”