Tinylockz - Warlock Application [Accepted]

Apply to Fifth Sin here. Make sure to READ THE STICKIES/ANNOUNCEMENTS at the top before applying!

Tiny
Raider
Class: Warlock

Tinylockz - Warlock Application [Accepted]

Postby Tiny » 30 Jul 2017, 01:10

Personal Info

Real Name (Optional): -

Character Info
In-Game Name:
Tinylockz

Class:
Warlock

Primary Talent Spec:
Destruction

Secondary(off)Specs:
Affliction / Demonology

What made you choose these specs for raiding?:
Destruction:
I am currently playing as Destruction as I find this spec to be the most appealing. It has, in my opinion, a lot of room for min-maxing: pooling soulshards for the right time, lining up Soul Harvest/Havoc/CDF, abusing the GCDs of Dimensional Rift/Conflagrate/ELT for movement. I guess you could make the same argument for Affliction (or Demonology) but with the removal of snapshotting, dot specs have become a bit too boring to me.

Affliction:
Like I said, I think Affliction is a complete snoozefest. And since each spec's overall performance in ToS is pretty equal, I try to stay away from it if possible. However, if an encounter requires me to be Affliction I would of course respec without question. I am currently playing Affliction on Demonic Inquisition and Desolate Host.

Demonlogy:
As for Demonology, I'll be honest, I haven't really played it that much. However, from what I've seen from the top logs on a few ST encounters, it seems to be parsing quite well. So changing to Demonology in the future is definitely something worth considering. Plus the fact that the benefit it gains from the 4-set bonus is quite a bit more significant compared to Destruction.

What made you gear/gem/enchant like you have?
With the gear I had, I tried to prioritize my stats to be haste first, crit second so my gems and enchants are both haste. I'm using Mark of the Claw on my neck as haste and crit are both very beneficial for me. Now with the 4-set, mastery becomes more valuable so I do try to get more and more mastery. As for my trinkets, I'm currently using ones with haste procs (whispers and metronome) but I am playing around with the trinkets depending on the type of encounter.

Would you be willing to respec to the guilds needs?:
As mentioned before, I would definitely respec if it is required. However, as warlock is a pure dps class and with Concordance AP dump/legendaries RNG, it is not guaranteed that my offspec will perform better in short term as I have not yet gotten all the BiS legendaries for each spec (not even for my MS).

Your Current Artifact weapon trait lvl:
Destruction: 57
Affliction: 54
Demonology: 49

Link to current armory profile:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... /tinylockz

Guild and Raid Info
Previous Guilds:
Insurrection (Twisting Nether - Horde), Last Judgement (Kilrogg - Alliance)

How long were you in your previous guilds?
Insurrection: around 6 months
Last Judgement: around 12 months

Why did you leave your previous guilds?:
Insurrection: the guild disbanded after some internal conflicts. I don't know the exact details of it because I try not to get involved if it doesn't concern me directly. To this day I'm still friends with the GM and officers and talk to them from time to time.

Last Judgement: the guild/raid leader decided to quit the game. The guild pretty much fell apart after that. I still have some friends from this guild that I do m+ with occasionally.

In both cases I feel like I "left" on good terms. I don't like the idea of leaving guilds as it feels very unfair and selfish to abandon people that have invested time and effort into you. However, if at any point, my philosophy/view towards the game conflicts with the guild's and I genuinely feel unhappy, I will make sure to talk to one of the officers/GM.

Do you know anyone in the Fifth Sin?:
I have done some mythic plus with some of the raiders through Maelas who was nice enough to bring me but I do not know everyone that well yet.

Raid Experience, elaborate!:
I guess in this section people usually list their nerd resume. Since I've only raided 3/4 tiers on a notable level, I'd rather tell you a short story about my WoW experience:

Unfortunately, I am not one of those players that can brag about playing the game since Vanilla... or TBC ... or WotLK ... (or even Cata!) I pretty much started towards the end of Cataclysm, right before the panda expansion.
Like many, I was a total noob when I started playing WoW. I played a fire mage and all I did was spam fireball as I thought it was the strongest spell for the casting time it had (so why would you cast anything else, right?)

So MoP came along and I thought this would be the perfect time to find out exactly where I stood since everyone started on a level playing field. I decided to reroll as a Balance druid. After playing it for a few weeks, however, I realized I was complete garbage. The start of MoP was a huge turning point for me as a WoW player. MoP has been the best expansion for me, development-wise. I started raiding normal in ToT and managed to get my first AotC: Lei Shen which was my biggest achievement in my WoW career at the time. After SoO was released, I took it a step further and managed to down Heroic Garrosh before 6.0, getting my first Cutting Edge the tier after my first AoTC. During this time I also boosted MoP CMs with a couple of my friends as a Brewmaster and made a good chunk of gold. Things were going great and with the announcement of WoD, I was thrilled to go into the new expansion with all the new knowledge and skill I've developed in pandaland.

The first few weeks of WoD were amazing. I had a lot of fun gearing up my character and getting it raid-ready. Achieving 8/8 CM Gold in the first weeks before Highmaul came out. Also cleared 6/7M in Highmaul pre BRF. Unfortunately, as we were clearing BRF HC in the first week, the GM stepped down. This was the point I decided to take a break from the game. I have been pretty much guildless ever since. I did not raid the rest of BRF, HFC, EN and ToV. I did a bit of pugging in NH but no major achievements. For ToS, I decided to come back as I really enjoy the raid so far and I want to experience this with friends, not unknown people week after week. Currently, I am 9/9HC in ToS (by pugging).

How do you prepare for raids and new encounters?
Preparation for the raid itself is pretty standard. I'm in front of the instance 15-30 mins before raid with enough flasks/food/runes/tomes etc. Logged onto voice comm. Gear repaired and optimized. Bringing additional enchants/gems to use it on potential upgrades right away.

As for new encounters, even though I like to learn on the fly, I do watch some kill videos and, if available, spec/class specific guides for that encounter. Perhaps learn some niche little tricks only my spec/class can bring to the table. I also go to wowhead/discord/mmo-champ to gain more insight into the fights. I memorize the most important mechanics that are relevent to my role. Other than that, it's just preparing myself mentally to wipe a million times :-)

During progress, I also record and rewatch myself playing whenever I can. I do this to spot mistakes that may not have caused a wipe but did affect my own performance. Things that I missed during the heat of the battle. Being able to pause and analyze every bit of the encounter is very valuable, especially after a night of progression.

Are you willing to wipe lots to learn a new encounter?:
Yes, that's the only way you can learn a new encounter.

Tell us a little about your playstyle, what you think you are good at, less good at, etc.:
I was always drawn to casters, I do not like playing melee DPS as I feel movement is a huge part of this game and being a melee dps completely trivializes this aspect. I know every melee in this world will disagree with me but I feel like the majority of the mechanics a boss throws at us are usually aimed at the ranged dps/healers while the melee can happily tunnel the boss for the entire duration of the encounter (I know I'm exaggerating).

Good:
I'm a mechanically strong player. I know people that I've raided will agree with me when I say I rarely make mistakes. I anticipate mechanics, I cover other people's mistakes and help the raid wherever possible.

I am not a DPS whore. If something needs to be soaked all the way in Africa, out of range of the boss right after I popped all my offensive CDs, I will go and soak it. (I'll admit, on farmbosses I might not always do this unless it's an instantwipe mechanic)

I am not afraid to admit my mistakes, even when it's out of my power. I also don't mind being called out for something I did, if it is justified. And I hope other people in the raid team feel the same way.

Bad:
I tend to get nervous when I'm on trial. I think the first impression is very important. The trial period is when people shape their view about you which is the reason why I feel a lot more pressure during this period. Especially when I know I can perform well. I also tend to perform worse after I made a mistake. It would bother me to such an extent that it would affect my gameplay.

I'm not very vocal during the raid. I guess this could also be a positive thing. I would, of course, call out things if necessary.

Note: I would provide logs if I had any recent ones but since I took such a long break from raiding, I can't provide any relevant logs that portrays my playstyle properly. The recent kills I had were mostly from PUGs where I don't put as much effort into minmaxing and playing to the best of my ability.

Play Info
How long have you been playing WoW?:
Since the end of Cata / start of MoP

How much do you play?:
Currently, almost every day for a few of hours.

Has your account been traded or passed on?:
It has not.

Does anyone else have access to your account?:
No

Do you have any high level alts?:
I have all classes at 110 except DK (lv90), Rogue (lv100), Warrior (lv100) and DH (lv98).
Alts around 900 ilvl: Druid (Balance/Resto), Paladin (Prot/Ret), Monk (BrM), Shaman (Ele/Resto)
Alts with trashtier gear: Priest, Hunter, Mage

Do you have a working microphone and Teamspeak 3 on your PC?:
Yes, I do.

Do you actually use your mic during raids if called for?
Yes, I do.

Can you attend our raid schedule? Wednesday and Monday (with optional days of Thursday, Sunday or Tuesday, one of which will be used when necessary) from 19:30(invites start) 20:00 (raid start) ->23:00)
See note at the end of the application.

The Ultimate Question - Sell Yourself
Why do you want to join Fifth Sin, and why should we recruit you?:
First of all, I would like to thank you for your time. Hopefully I didn't waste your time.
As I've mentioned before, I don't like switching guilds or jumping from one place to another. One thing I seek in a guild is stability. I don't want to join a guild that can disband at any moment. Seeing that you guys have existed for over 10 years is a great sign.

I'll be honest. I'm not good at selling myself. I feel like I've said everything you needed to know. The only thing I can guarantee you is that I will be a valuable and loyal member of the guild.

Note: My intentions right now is to join the guild and do some M+ / Normal / HC runs and just getting to know the people in the guild. I have written this application as if I was going for a trial position because I wanted to let you know what type of player I'd be in a raiding environment. And I'm also interested in joining the raid team in the future but right now, my current life situation won't allow me to raid consistently on a weekly basis.

I'd be happy to have a chat with one of the officers if there are any more questions.

-[/quote]

Alyssia
Co-Guild Master
Class: Warrior

Re: Tinylockz - Warlock Application

Postby Alyssia » 30 Jul 2017, 04:30

Hey there, thank you for your application. Always nice to see a well written app, it shows effort which is appreciated.

If you are looking to join as a social rank I would be fine with that, simply ask any officer in-game for an invite to friends rank and mention this app and they should invite you. You would then be welcome to join all of the things you mention above, friends rank are welcome to participate in everything other than the main EPGP guild raids.

You mention you want to join the raiding team in the future, and I'd be happy to have a chat with you about this. You can tell us about your situation and when/if you might be willing and able to join. We are always positive towards taking on someone who looks like they would be a good fit. Just to be clear I make no promises other than that we will give you fair consideration when the time comes.
"Big star. I blow solar flares out of my ass" -Denny Crane.
"You don't plan sincerity. You have to make it up on the spot!" -Denny Crane
"Hate to extort and run, but I'm afraid I will need an answer on this. Now." - Alan Shore.
"I would not mind you in my head if you were not so clearly mad." - Lews Therin Telamon.
Co-Guildmaster & Raidleader of Fifth SinImage King of Norweden and Waffle.

Return to “Recruitment”