Taik (Daddytaik) - Social/Raider [accepted]

Apply to Fifth Sin here. Make sure to READ THE STICKIES/ANNOUNCEMENTS at the top before applying!

Taik
Class: Druid

Taik (Daddytaik) - Social/Raider [accepted]

Postby Taik » 19 Oct 2017, 17:53

Personal Info
Real Name (Optional): Mikkel

Character Info
In-Game Name: Daddytaik
Class: Druid
Primary Talent Spec: Balance
Scondary(off)Specs: Guardian/Feral
What made you choose these specs for raiding?:
Been a fan of Balance since MoP, it was one of my primary alts. Changes in WoD made me lose interest in the spec though, but in Legion it came back to an iteration that I certainly enjoy playing.
What made you gear/gem/enchant like you have?:
Mostly based off of guides/looking at top players. Haste softcap at ~30% and then focus on mastery.
Would you be willing to respec to the guilds needs?: Ofcourse.
Your Current Artifact weapon trait lvl: 65
Link to current armory profile: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/draenor/daddytaik

Guild and Raid Info
Previous Guilds:
Last Judgement - Kilrogg. Played with LJ for the majority of MoP, and the first few months of WoD.
Order of the Silverflame - Kilrogg/Draenor. Late WoD and Legion since late Nighthold (April/May)
How long were you in your previous guilds?
More or less answered above. Since a couple of months into MoP, these two guilds have been the only ones I've played in.
Why did you leave your previous guilds?:
I left Last Judgement some time between Highmaul and BRF in the early days of WoD, or rather I took a break from the game, and later the main raiding team crumbled because of the GM/RL quitting the game, leading me to look elsewhere when I returned to WoW.
I decided to take a break from the game mainly due to frustration and disappointment with our raiding performance in the start of Highmaul.
After what I considered a successful run in Siege, hopes, ambitions and motivation was high heading into WoD (not just from myself, but a good part of the core raiding team). Myself and a handful of others ended up putting in a lot of work in the first few weeks of WoD, before raids opened up. When the raids did open up and it was time to reap the rewards, it was very disappointing to find many of the players in the raid coming unprepared, even officers. Maybe it was me getting ahead of myself, and putting in more time/effort than I could realistically expect from my fellow raiders, but either way it lead to a big downswing in motivation and thus I decided to take a break.

Order of the Silverflame is my current guild. Back in HFC I decided to join them as I had a couple of old friends in the guild, and I was just looking for some casual play with a few nights of raiding here and there. When Legion launched I had to cut down severely on my playing hours because of going to school, and it wasnt until much later in the expansion that I found time to actually get into radiing. Which I did back before summer at the end of Nighthold. Since then I've raided with OSF over the summer, until late August, when I had to take a little break as my new semester started and I had to get settled properly before being able to (re)commit to a raiding schedule.
I still have a few friends in this guild, and have made some new ones even. However, as I feel that I'm ready to get back into raiding and on a different character than earlier in ToS, and with the opportunity to play with Tiny once again, a new place/guild might be the best option for me at this point.

Do you know anyone in the Fifth Sin?: Tiny(poo)

Raid Experience, elaborate!:
I've played since the game launched in Europe in early 2005. Due to my age at the time, my raiding was somewhat restricted due to playing late on schoolnights and all that jazz, but it goes something like:
Vanilla: MC Cleared, Onyxia killed, AQ20 cleared, and then a few bosses in BWL, and the first one in AQ40.
TBC: Karzhan Cleared, Gruul Cleared, SSC/TK cleared bar Vashj and Kael'Thas. Black Temple/Hyjal partially cleared, but after the 3.0 patch.
WotLK: Naxx 10/25 cleared, Ulduar Cleared, didnt play during TotC, Icc 10/25hc cleared.
Cata: didn't raid the first tier, Firelands clared on normal, DS cleared on heroic.
MoP: (all these on heroic and before the following raid-tier opening up) MSV 4/6, HoF 4/6, ToeS 2/4. ToT 11/13, Siege 14/14.
WoD: Highmaul cleared on heroic and Bladefist down on Mythic before I took a break like I mentioned earlier. Cleared HFC on heroic with a few kills on mythic, but that was so late in the expansion that it hardly counts for anything.
Legion: So far Tomb is the only raid where I've been actively raiding on the opening day. I've cleared it on heroic, and have 1 kill on Mythic Goroth.

How do you prepare for raids and new encounters?
Usually, I'll watch whatever guides are available at the time, or suffice with PTR videos. I'll go through the dungeon journal, focusing on the abilities that interact with my role. At the end of the day, I learn best by doing, but proper preparation is obviously required, and I do my best to achieve that.
Are you willing to wipe lots to learn a new encounter?:
Losing is learning. As long as there is some hint of progress, I'm fine with banging my head against a boss all night.

Tell us a little about your playstyle, what you think you are good at, less good at, etc.:
I've played (melee) DPS for most of my time in this game, with brief stints as tank. I like doing damage, and I like doing alot of it, and I think I'm pretty good at doing it. I must admit that sometimes I can get ahead of myself and end up sacrificing too much for it. During progress this is something that would VERY rarely happen more than once per boss, as I do appreciate killing bosses more than doing alot of damage.

Play Info
How long have you been playing WoW?:
As mentioned previously, been playing on/off since launch in early 2005. I've accumulated roughly 700 days across all characters at this point, majority being on my warrior.
How much do you play?:
I've recently returned from a break since mid/late August, due to new semester starting, I play everyday basically, anywhere from 4-12hrs, depending on how much I can get away with.
Has your account been traded or passed on?:
Not to my knowledge.
Does anyone else have access to your account?:
I hope not.
Do you have any high level alts?:
Taikbro - Warrior (former main). Taikorex - Death Knight. Taikeezy - Demon Hunter. Mamataik - Shaman.
Do you have a working microphone and Teamspeak 3 on your PC?:
yes
Do you actualy use your mic during raids if called for?
If called for, certainly. If not, then it depends how comfortable I am in the raid, I like joking around and talking smack inbetween pulls and during trash, and sometimes during boss pulls.
Can you attend our raid schedule? Wednesday and Monday (with optional days of Thursday, Sunday or Tuesday, one of which will be used when necessary) from 19:30(invites start) 20:00 (raid start) ->23:00)
I'll elaborate on this, but simply put, yes.
Basically, right now I'm getting started backup after a break, primarily looking ahead to Antorus. I have to get up pretty early to make it to my classes, but I rarely have more than 3 days a week, so It shouldn't be an issue to make raids. For the time being, my interest would be in the alt-runs and running M+.

The Ultimate Question - Sell Yourself
Why do you want to join Fifth Sin, and why should we recruit you?:

Hopefully, at this point, you'd already have a pretty good idea whether or not I'd be a fit for your team.
At this stage, my primary focus would be on doing M+ and possible alt runs and such. I have no expectation to be joining you guys in mythic progression at this point, but gearing myself up, and getting familiar with the guild for the start of the next raid tier. I've got some decent raid experience, and I know what is expected from me, if I want to be a functioning member of a raid-team. I'm pretty flexible, and consider myself a team-player, I'll sit out if my performance is not up to snuff, or a different lineup is required for a given boss encounter. I'm also open to the idea of switching spec or class should it better fit the guild.
On top of all this, I'm close friends with Tiny, and I'd love to once again be raiding with him. He and I have a no-bullshit type of way of giving each other (constructive) criticism, and I feel that we push each other to be better.

Thanks for your time.

fuzznoggin
Axethrower
Class: Priest

Re: Taik (Daddytaik) - Social/Raider

Postby fuzznoggin » 20 Oct 2017, 12:14

I support this application - I received innervates when asking for them ;)

Return to “Recruitment”