Nilayah - Shadow Priest

Apply to Fifth Sin here. Make sure to READ THE STICKIES/ANNOUNCEMENTS at the top before applying!

Nilayah
Class: Shadow

Nilayah - Shadow Priest

Postby Nilayah » 02 Nov 2017, 17:08

Personal Info
Real Name (Optional): Aleksandra

Character Info
In-Game Name: Nilayah
Class: Priest
Primary Talent Spec: Shadow
Secondary(off)Specs: Holy

What made you choose these specs for raiding?:
Initially I started playing in Vanilla with the intention of being a healer. When The Burning Crusade rolled in, though, we ended having too many healing priests so I decided to try out shadow and I really liked it (and I've always been a fan of the idea of going to the dark side xD). Afterwards I never felt like I'd want to raid as something different, even though I tried a few other classes over the years.

What made you gear/gem/enchant like you have?
These decisions I make mostly based on the information and simcrafting provided by Howtopriest.com forums and my personal testing.

Would you be willing to respec to the guild’s needs?:
If it's a temporary thing - yes. As I've already mentioned, I've been enjoying shadow since The Burning Crusade and I would like it to stay that way in the long run.

Your Current Artifact weapon trait lvl: 68

Link to current armory profile:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... ak/nilayah

Guild and Raid Info
Previous Guilds:
Vanilla and The Burning Crusade: I played on the alliance side and it was too long time ago for me to recall any guild name >.>
Wrath of the Lich King: Veterans (on Al'akir)
Cataclysm: Veterans (on Al'akir)
Legion: Endgame (on Al'skir), Snaginanesh (on Al'akir),Turn the corner (Kazzak)

How long were you in your previous guilds?
Veterans: I was a part of the guild for almost 2 years
Endgame: about a month
Snaginanesh and Turn the corner (those are the same guild, I'll explain below): around 10 months.

Why did you leave your previous guilds?:
Veterans I left in the middle of Cataclysm, because I had to stop playing, due to an impossible working schedule at that time (4 hours of sleep after every raid night for two months turned out to be too much =/) and I found out that they fell apart shortly after.
I came back in the middle of Warlords of Draenor for a month, just to see what the expansion was about, but it didn't stick. Then I came back in the start of Legion, with no intention of raiding, but I liked what Blizzard had done with my class so much that I decided to get back into raiding (plus I work from home now so schedule isn't an issue). It is when I joined Endgame, first only as social, then as a raider. These guys were a big guild, running 3 raiding groups at the same time. After a few raids with them though, I realized they are just not the right place for me - there was too much chaos in raids, people joining and leaving raids and the guild all the time, TS was also chaos so I left them to join Snaginanesh.
We were running two stable groups and everything was going great until our group raid leaders decided to move to Kazzak in the middle of July, in hopes of getting some fresh recruits (there were almost none on Al'akir at that time) and many raiders of our raiding group (including me) followed them. We named ourselves "Turn the corner". Unfortunately it didn't work out and after a month we fell apart. I had a vacation coming soon after so it wasn't a good time to look for a new guild so I decided to take a break from raiding for a while. I didn't stop playing completely, I've tried to keep my artifact traits somewhat relevant while mostly farming mounts and exploring old content. I am currently in Predication, but only as a social.

Do you know anyone in the Fifth Sin?: No, I don't.

Raid Experience, elaborate!:
Vanilla: I've seen fights like Ragnaros, Onyxia and C'thun.
The Burning Crusade: I cleared most of the relevant content, apart from a few bosses in Black Temple and Sunwell.
Wrath of the Lich King: I cleared everything apart from Lich King 25man heroic.
Cataclysm: I raided up to the last two bosses in Firelands.
Pandaria and Warlods of Draenor: I didn't raid at all.
Legion: EN - 5/7M, ToV - 2/3M, NH - 7/10M, ToS - 9/9HC.

How do you prepare for raids and new encounters?
First I watch videos about them, at least twice. If there is still something not clear enough I'd read up on it or I'll ask someone about it. No matter how well you prepare in theory though, there are always a few tries needed to get the full hang of a new encounter in my opinion.
Before the beginning of every raid I check if I'm stacked on any consumables I might need, so I don't have to worry I'll run out of something midraid. I repair and I check on coins.

Are you willing to wipe lots to learn a new encounter?:
Yes. Wiping is a vital part of raiding and makes getting a boss down much more satisfying. After every wipe you come out with a bit more experience than before, a bit better positioning and timings of your cooldowns (though with a Shadow Priest there is always room for improvement). I'm a perfectionist and I beat myself up over every mistake (big or small) I make. Wipefests allow me to get as close as possible to that perfect performance I've build in my head ^^

Tell us a little about your play style, what you think you are good at, less good at, etc.:
I consider myself to have a good raid awareness, I've seen a lot of encounters so I tend to adjust quickly. My main priority is to learn to execute the boss mechanics to the best of my ability, sometimes at the cost of my dps. Only after I'm sure I can do them well enough I start focusing on maximising my dps.

Play Info
How long have you been playing WoW?:
Since Vanilla, with a 3 years break between the middle of Cataclysm and Legion.

How much do you play?:
It depends on the amount of workload I have. I mentioned I work from home so I'm mostly online during the day, doing dailies or farming old content mounts.

Has your account been traded or passed on?: No. (In Vanilla and The Burning Crusade I played on another account though)
Does anyone else have access to your account?: No.

Do you have any high level alts?:
Yes, a Mage, which I used for farming herbs and ores, and a Holy Paladin, but they are both still on Al'Akir and I don't plan on transferring them soon.

Do you have a working microphone and Teamspeak 3 on your PC?: Yes.

Do you actually use your mic during raids if called for?
Yes, but I'll be honest with you guys - it takes me a while to get comfortable doing that in a group of people I don't know. I do always get comfortable after a little while though.
Can you attend our raid schedule? Wednesday and Monday (with optional days of Thursday, Sunday or Tuesday, one of which will be used when necessary) from 19:30(invites start) 20:00 (raid start) ->23:00)
The days during the work week I can attend close to 100%. I travel every other weekend so I can't say the same for Sunday.

The Ultimate Question - Sell Yourself
Why do you want to join Fifth Sin, and why should we recruit you?:

I want to join you guys for several reasons:
The first thing that caught my eye were you raiding times. As I mentioned before I often travel weekends, so a guild focused on raiding during the work week fits me well and allows me to keep high attendance.
The second thing was the fact that you've been around since vanilla, which means you've been a stable team during the years and I don't have to worry that you might fall apart (as it happened with Veterans and Turn the Corner).This is also important for me, because I dislike changing guilds, trialing makes me nerveous and I've always needed a bit of time to feel comfortable around groups of people I don't know. I want to bercome a part of such a team, since I believe it can provide a good and friendly environment in which to take bosses down.
I also liked your overall attitude in your description on wowprogress and the extra info you provided here on the forums. I believe we share similar views on many of the points you described and that there is a good chance that we'll fit together well.

Why would you recruit me: I try to keep my attendance as high as possible, I always prepare for raids with whatever consumables might be needed (I also stack up on gems upfront). I've played this game (and especially this class/spec) for a long time so I believe I have a good raid awareness and I adjust quickly. I do my best not to repeat the same mistake twice. I always welcome criticism and suggestions on how to improve my play style and I think I have if not good, at least decent sense of humor.

I just want to add two more things:
First - I know I am a bit lacking in Gear, but I think I can catch up on that quickly once I start raiding again.
Second - I am still on Kazzak, but regardless of your answer I will move to Draenor prior Antorus. If you decide to give me a trial spot, however, it might take me a few days to a week to transfer.

Thank you for taking the time to read my application.

I am looking forward to hearing from you guys.

Goonier
Head of Ranged / Recruitment Officer
Class: Hunter

Re: Nilayah - Shadow Priest

Postby Goonier » 02 Nov 2017, 17:47

Thanks, Nilayah for applying to the guild I will be looking it to this a bit more.

I can't seem to find any logs I can see you killed many bosses but no logs for them are these private?

Also, note that this is not required but do you part take in mythic+ etc?

Ideally, we might be looking to take an SP for the new tier so if you were given a trail it would be for the new upcoming raid tier is that a problem?

Nilayah

Postby Nilayah » 02 Nov 2017, 18:34

Hey there,
Thanks for the quick reply.

I can't seem to find any either o.O. I am pretty sure Turn the Corner logs were private, and with the guild gone those aren't there anymore either. Also, when I transferred from Al'Akir to Kazzak there were suddenly 2 instances of my character - one still on Al'Akir, even though I wasn't there and one on Kazzak (the one on Al'Akir considers me to be holy for some reason o.O ). No data was transferred between the two characters. I also haven't done any raids since Turn the corner disbanded.

The same goes for my mytics+ runs on wowprogress. When I moved they got wiped out. At the moment I am doing mostly one per week, just to secure the weekly chest. Same applied for when I was raiding, but the number of runs would usually be a bit higher, depending on the time I have and the availability of guild members (I strongly dislike pug groups).

As for the new tier part - not at all. I know my gear is lacking and I have no practical experience in Mythic fights so I don't think I will be able to contribute enough for the progression.

Nilayah

Postby Nilayah » 02 Nov 2017, 18:37

I just noticed - for the logs you need to look for the ones from 7.2.5 patch, and not 7.3 one.

Alyssia
Co-Guild Master
Class: Warrior

Postby Alyssia » 03 Nov 2017, 15:02

We talked it over and have decided we would like to offer you a trial spot with us for Antorus.

You are of course welcome to join us before then and be in the guild until your trial would begin.

Let us know when you might have your character on Draenor and we can invite you when you arrive, or simply ask any officer in-game for an invite once you are transferred.
"Big star. I blow solar flares out of my ass" -Denny Crane.
"You don't plan sincerity. You have to make it up on the spot!" -Denny Crane
"Hate to extort and run, but I'm afraid I will need an answer on this. Now." - Alan Shore.
"I would not mind you in my head if you were not so clearly mad." - Lews Therin Telamon.
Co-Guildmaster & Raidleader of Fifth SinImage King of Norweden and Waffle.

Nilayah

Postby Nilayah » 03 Nov 2017, 16:56

Glad to hear that ^^.

My plan is to transfer on Tuesday (07.11) and when I have that sorted I'll poke an officer for a invite.

Return to “Recruitment”