Application: Slygods - Druid

Apply to Fifth Sin here. Make sure to READ THE STICKIES/ANNOUNCEMENTS at the top before applying!

Slygods
Class: druid

Application: Slygods - Druid

Postby Slygods » 13 Mar 2018, 16:08

Personal Info
Real Name (Optional): You can call me Jiggly. (pls don't. I'm Lyle)

Character Info
In-Game Name: Slygods
Class: Druid
Primary Talent Spec: Feral
Scondary(off)Specs: Guardian

What made you choose these specs for raiding?:
I honestly missed playing a druid and I had never played feral before, so I thought WHY THE HECK NOT :D

What made you gear/gem/enchant like you have?
It's a fairly new character so I didn't have much luck on the legendaries yet, but I spend a lot of time on simulations and the druid discord to figure out how to make the most out of my gear.

Would you be willing to respec to the guilds needs?
200% ! I saw that you needed a Moonkin and I would also love to play that spec! I learn fast and am willing to spend a lot of time outside of the game, reading up on the specs.

Your Current Artifact weapon trait lvl: 75

Link to current armory profile: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/draenor/slygods

Guild and Raid Info
Previous Guilds: Sparkly Pink Unicorns

How long were you in your previous guilds?
Since I came back to legion.. so around 4 months?

Why did you leave your previous guilds?:
it's a casual raiding guild and I want to push myself more.

Do you know anyone in the Fifth Sin?:
Not yet :hug:

Raid Experience, elaborate!:
I have been raiding since Karazhan came out in Burning Crusade. My peak time was probably in Cataclysm when I was leading my own guild and raiding dragon soul on HC. I didn't play any WoD, but I recently came back to Legion and started playing a demon hunter, doing normal Antorus and gearing him up to around 940. I used to have two accounts but due to financial reasons I had to give up on one of them around 2 months ago, so I had to start all over, gearing up an Affliction Warlock to 952 and getting the Antorus Curve with that character. I like my Warlock, but after a while I felt that the Affliction Spec wasn't made for me, so I started raiding normal Antorus with a new druid, since I've been pretty much playing druids all the time before legion. I know normal Antorus in and out, Heroic isn't in my system as much (but I watch guides all the time), but I'd love to catch up and really push it to the next level.

How do you prepare for raids and new encounters?
I check if all my equipment is enchanted properly, if I am missing gems, I stack up on food (and usually bring a little extra in case someone needs it), I buy more than enough flasks, get my bonus roll items and walk my doggo before the invites start :D I look up new encounters and try to memorize the tactics, write down stuff that I don't understand and ask someone ideally before the raid starts or before the encounter. I'd rather ask a question twice instead of dying or even wiping a raid.

Are you willing to wipe lots to learn a new encounter?
I will do anything so we don't have to wipe. I don't mind wiping as much when I see that we are progressing and are having "smart" wipes :D and I am forgiving if someone fucks up. it happens and everyone can have a bad day.

Tell us a little about your playstyle, what you think you are good at, less good at, etc.:
That is a good question. Damn! I have issues with concentrating when too much is going on, so when people are talking in voice during a fight and the conversation is about something different then it might affect my focus. I am a fast learner though and I love learning more and more about how to improve. I can adapt very fast and handle criticism well and welcome it even.

Play Info
How long have you been playing WoW?:
Since the end of vanilla

How much do you play?:
Too much, of course. Haha ! :crazy: I pretty much play every free minute of my time. I'm the dude that stays up til 4am,
so he can finish content.

Has your account been traded or passed on?:
No, but it is my second account.

Does anyone else have access to your account?:
Just me.

Do you have any high level alts?:
My affliction Warlock ilvl 952.

Do you have a working microphone and Teamspeak 3 on your PC?:
I have 2 working microphones and will instantly download TS 3, if I am accepted.

Do you actually use your mic during raids if called for?
Yes!

Can you attend our raid schedule? Wednesday and Monday (with optional days of Thursday, Sunday or Tuesday, one of which will be used when necessary) from 19:30(invites start) 20:00 (raid start) ->23:00)
Heck yeah :D I'm a lazy student, so I am super flexible with times.

The Ultimate Question - Sell Yourself
Why do you want to join Fifth Sin, and why should we recruit you?:

I'm a fun person and super social, while I can also tone it down and be serious when it is needed. I love this game and I want to make the most out of it and a great community is the most important thing to me. I am a very loyal person, so I will do anything for this guild, adapt to its needs with spec, professions, etc. I might not be a super pro at every aspect of the game, but I want to raid and I want to do my best and I am highly motivated to kick mythic butt! If you want someone who you can rely on, who is open and fun and up to every challenge, then you will love me in your guild :) (Also because I took the time to put all my text in italics, so the person reading this, doesn't have to gauge their eyes out :p ) Plus my meme game is strong. You need a strong meme game to survive in this world.

Edit: I'd also be happy as a social while gearing up, if you find my ilvl too low.

Peachblossom
Head of Healers
Class: Priest

Re: Application: Slygods - Druid

Postby Peachblossom » 14 Mar 2018, 15:12

Hi there, thanks for the application. We'll take a look at it and get back to you. Do you have a link to any of your logs for heroic antorus?

Slygods

Postby Slygods » 14 Mar 2018, 17:05

Peachblossom wrote:Hi there, thanks for the application. We'll take a look at it and get back to you. Do you have a link to any of your logs for heroic antorus?

Hi! I'm afraid I don't have any logs. I'm sorry! I'll be running HC this week though, so I'll make sure to gather some info.

Tharkun
Head of Melee / ArchBattlesteed

Postby Tharkun » 14 Mar 2018, 19:54

Hey,

I don't believe we have room for another melee at the moment especially being so far behind on gear. The best I can offer at the moment would be a social spot. We raid HC on Thursdays, do M+ etc. Then we can review a raid spot should we have openings in the roster.
Thaculrai
Officer and Dark Lord of Fifth Sin
Former Druid Class Master
Alyssia wrote:
Hightous wrote:Nice app! SWEDEN! He missed the "What are you good at" question tho but other than that he seams like a good player.

That question automatically blanks out when it detects swedes, as it knows anything written there would be a lie :P

Taurushon 06/02/2017 - "I wouldn't call it racist, just white supremacy"

Slygods

Postby Slygods » 14 Mar 2018, 20:08

Tharkun wrote:Hey,

I don't believe we have room for another melee at the moment especially being so far behind on gear. The best I can offer at the moment would be a social spot. We raid HC on Thursdays, do M+ etc. Then we can review a raid spot should we have openings in the roster.

I'd be 100% down to switching to Moonkin :)

Would also happily accept a social spot while catching up on gear

Tharkun

Postby Tharkun » 14 Mar 2018, 20:27

Cool, let's take you in a social for now so and when you catch up we can see where things stand. Whisper any Officer for an invite
Thaculrai
Officer and Dark Lord of Fifth Sin
Former Druid Class Master
Alyssia wrote:
Hightous wrote:Nice app! SWEDEN! He missed the "What are you good at" question tho but other than that he seams like a good player.

That question automatically blanks out when it detects swedes, as it knows anything written there would be a lie :P

Taurushon 06/02/2017 - "I wouldn't call it racist, just white supremacy"

Return to “Recruitment”