Krosus mythic drowned in his own puddle!

Whats going on in the world of Fifth Sin today?
Alyssia
Co-Guild Master
Class: Warrior

Krosus mythic drowned in his own puddle!

Postby Alyssia » 18 Apr 2017, 09:59

Last night we spent about half the raid or so on this boss before we got it down. In total I believe we spent about 3 or 4 raids to kill it. Considering how many stories we've heard about this boss being a grind and how many guilds have given up on it or disbanded due to it we found it a surprisingly pleasant boss to do. Not that we were fearing anything that drastic, but we WERE expecting more of a grueling grind than what we found. Speaking for myself, and I believe the vast majority of the raiding team, we had a good time while progressing on this boss. Once we got found the right tactic for spreading to soak the adds it didn't take us long to down it. We do realise we that timing was likely on our side, with the recent 7.2 buffs obviously helping us out some. Even so for a boss that gave so many so much grief we found it surprisingly alright.

phpBB [video]

It it a boss that requires everyone to participate in the mechanics throughout the fight to get it down, picking up on this theme where trilliax left off. I was glad to see this went well, and I think we had the requirement and timing for healing and dps down fairly quickly, and other than a fair amount of wipes due to lag, bugs and personal mistakes we spent the majority of time working on the add soaking, trying various ways of dividing the raid. Once we found a way that worked for us the results were immidiate and then all that remained was the fine-tuning for one or two critical moments as well as the very end of the fight.

Other than finding the right way to deal with the adds our biggest issue was that damned corpserun, we wasted more time on that than we did attempting the boss until we got into the habit of ensuring we had a soulstone/CR/pylon for each and every wipe. That corpsrun can go fuck itself :P Later we got to see it some more while working on Spellblade, oh joy! We have since instituted the same ban on cliking that release button...
"Big star. I blow solar flares out of my ass" -Denny Crane.
"You don't plan sincerity. You have to make it up on the spot!" -Denny Crane
"I don't understand why people don't use violence to solve their problems more often, it works every time!" - Denny Crane.
"Hate to extort and run, but I'm afraid I will need an answer on this. Now." - Alan Shore.
Co-Guildmaster & Raidleader of Fifth SinImage King of Norweden and Waffle.

Goonier
Head of Ranged / Recruitment Officer
Class: Hunter

Re: Krosus mythic drowned in his own puddle!

Postby Goonier » 18 Apr 2017, 15:36

Nice one guys thank god me being in hospital you got something done at least haha

Maela
Raider
Class: Druid

Postby Maela » 18 Apr 2017, 20:08

Oh noes, I hope you feel better soon Goonier! <3

Tharkun
Head of Melee / ArchBattlesteed
Head of Melee / ArchBattlesteed
Class: Druid

Postby Tharkun » 19 Apr 2017, 00:24

Fixed your post. Always remember to close the brackets.
Thaculrai
Officer and Dark Lord of Fifth Sin
Former Druid Class Master
Alyssia wrote:
Hightous wrote:Nice app! SWEDEN! He missed the "What are you good at" question tho but other than that he seams like a good player.

That question automatically blanks out when it detects swedes, as it knows anything written there would be a lie :P

Taurushon 06/02/2017 - "I wouldn't call it racist, just white supremacy"

Alyssia
Co-Guild Master
Class: Warrior

Postby Alyssia » 19 Apr 2017, 00:40

Was doing it in a rush while doing something ingame xD
"Big star. I blow solar flares out of my ass" -Denny Crane.
"You don't plan sincerity. You have to make it up on the spot!" -Denny Crane
"I don't understand why people don't use violence to solve their problems more often, it works every time!" - Denny Crane.
"Hate to extort and run, but I'm afraid I will need an answer on this. Now." - Alan Shore.
Co-Guildmaster & Raidleader of Fifth SinImage King of Norweden and Waffle.

Torquos
Class: sub rogue

Postby Torquos » 23 Apr 2017, 16:20

Gratz!

Goonier
Head of Ranged / Recruitment Officer
Class: Hunter

Postby Goonier » 03 May 2017, 22:34

phpBB [video]

Return to “News and Progress”