Ruining of the website 2.0

Whats going on in the world of Fifth Sin today?
AshTrai
Co-Guild Master
Class: Mage

Ruining of the website 2.0

Postby AshTrai » 07 Apr 2019, 13:19

Welcome back weary traveler!

The website got ruined because the server itself got mangled. Since the backups were also hosted on the same server, they got mangled too :(. I've restored a very old version of the website and am attempting to fix things as I see them so things may be slightly unstable for a day or so. If you go to the site and you get a ton of errors, just try back a bit later as I'll be installing/configuring things on the server.

To prevent this happening (yet)again, a proper off-site backup solution has been implemented. I'll be buggered if i'm doing a full installation of everything again :|

Guild members may find that their account doesn't exist any more, which means that you cannot access the member only parts of the forum. In that case, sign up again and Alyssia will sort your member access out :)
AshTrai ~ 灰皿 ~ Co-GM & Mage Captain
"It's my duty. My duty as a complete and utter bastard!" - Arnold Rimmer
"My advice overall is to play that you enjoy and not swap constantly based on what some website says." - Ghostcrawler
Tharkun wrote:Where ever there is a thread that needs to be derailed, we will be there.
Where ever there is someone that needs taking down a peg or two, we will be there.
Where ever there is someone in need, we won't be there as we will be somewhere else taking the piss out of filthy lessers.

AshTrai
Co-Guild Master
Class: Mage

Re: Ruining of the website 2.0

Postby AshTrai » 07 Apr 2019, 16:02

Known issues
  • content outdated
  • no spoiler tags
  • FS browser icon missing on forums

FIXED:
AshTrai ~ 灰皿 ~ Co-GM & Mage Captain
"It's my duty. My duty as a complete and utter bastard!" - Arnold Rimmer
"My advice overall is to play that you enjoy and not swap constantly based on what some website says." - Ghostcrawler
Tharkun wrote:Where ever there is a thread that needs to be derailed, we will be there.
Where ever there is someone that needs taking down a peg or two, we will be there.
Where ever there is someone in need, we won't be there as we will be somewhere else taking the piss out of filthy lessers.

Alyssia
Co-Guild Master
Class: Warrior

Postby Alyssia » 07 Apr 2019, 16:23

"Big star. I blow solar flares out of my ass" -Denny Crane.
"You don't plan sincerity. You have to make it up on the spot!" -Denny Crane
"I don't understand why people don't use violence to solve their problems more often, it works every time!" - Denny Crane.
"Hate to extort and run, but I'm afraid I will need an answer on this. Now." - Alan Shore.
Co-Guildmaster & Raidleader of Fifth SinImage King of Norweden and Waffle.

Alyssia
Co-Guild Master
Class: Warrior

Postby Alyssia » 07 Apr 2019, 16:39

Also as last time around I will need to go over and update all the various info posts, which will take me quite some time to do. So for a while it will all be out of date.
"Big star. I blow solar flares out of my ass" -Denny Crane.
"You don't plan sincerity. You have to make it up on the spot!" -Denny Crane
"I don't understand why people don't use violence to solve their problems more often, it works every time!" - Denny Crane.
"Hate to extort and run, but I'm afraid I will need an answer on this. Now." - Alan Shore.
Co-Guildmaster & Raidleader of Fifth SinImage King of Norweden and Waffle.

Return to “News and Progress”