Forum crash!

Whats going on in the world of Fifth Sin today?
AshTrai
Co-Guild Master
Class: Mage

Forum crash!

Postby AshTrai » 08 Jan 2019, 23:50

The forum has experienced a bit of a "hiccup" which has resulted in me having to restore the database from a backup....which was taken a year ago!

This means that anybody who signed up in the last year (13/12/2017 to be precise) will need to remake your account. Once your account is remade, you will need to ask an Officer or GM to add you to the relevant group to get the access you should have back again.
It also means that if you changed your password in the last year that will have been reverted back to the one you used on 13/12/2017. If you can't remember it, then get Alyssia to reset it for you.
Moral of the story: Don't let Tharkun near any sparkly objects! :stick:
AshTrai ~ 灰皿 ~ Co-GM & Mage Captain
"It's my duty. My duty as a complete and utter bastard!" - Arnold Rimmer
"My advice overall is to play that you enjoy and not swap constantly based on what some website says." - Ghostcrawler
Tharkun wrote:Where ever there is a thread that needs to be derailed, we will be there.
Where ever there is someone that needs taking down a peg or two, we will be there.
Where ever there is someone in need, we won't be there as we will be somewhere else taking the piss out of filthy lessers.

Alyssia
Co-Guild Master
Class: Warrior

Re: Forum crash!

Postby Alyssia » 09 Jan 2019, 00:18

A lot of our various info/recruitment posts both in the public section as well as those for members only will be hugely out of date until I get around to updating it all, so just keep that in mind. Should be able to get through most of it in the coming days, but until I give an update consider it all out of date.
"Big star. I blow solar flares out of my ass" -Denny Crane.
"You don't plan sincerity. You have to make it up on the spot!" -Denny Crane
"Hate to extort and run, but I'm afraid I will need an answer on this. Now." - Alan Shore.
"I would not mind you in my head, if you were not so clearly mad." - Lews Therin Telamon
Co-Guildmaster & Raidleader of Fifth SinImage King of Norweden and Waffle.

AshTrai
Co-Guild Master

Postby AshTrai » 09 Jan 2019, 02:32

Re-added [spoiler] tags to the forum on Alyssia's request.

I also found a dodgy program on the server that hosts the website+teamspeak. It was dated 4/1/2019 so was something recently put on there. I've removed it for now and tightened up the firewall a bit. Also put a virus/malware scanner on there. The dodgy program was hammering cpu so hopefully with it gone, the site should load faster now.
"My advice overall is to play that you enjoy and not swap constantly based on what some website says." - Ghostcrawler
Tharkun wrote:Where ever there is a thread that needs to be derailed, we will be there.
Where ever there is someone that needs taking down a peg or two, we will be there.
Where ever there is someone in need, we won't be there as we will be somewhere else taking the piss out of filthy lessers.

Greát
Dragon
Class: Paladin

Postby Greát » 09 Jan 2019, 08:03

AshTrai wrote:Re-added [spoiler] tags to the forum on Alyssia's request.

I also found a dodgy program on the server that hosts the website+teamspeak. It was dated 4/1/2019 so was something recently put on there. I've removed it for now and tightened up the firewall a bit. Also put a virus/malware scanner on there. The dodgy program was hammering cpu so hopefully with it gone, the site should load faster now.

Dam coons :rofl:
Former Paladin CLM

Alyssia
Co-Guild Master
Class: Warrior

Postby Alyssia » 09 Jan 2019, 10:48

I''ve gone over most of the various info threads now, so it should be more or less up to date. So all of you please let me know if you spot something that I might have missed :)

Also @Ashtrai: can't do size/colouring for the spoiler= headding, any chance you could fix that bit as well? xD
"Big star. I blow solar flares out of my ass" -Denny Crane.
"You don't plan sincerity. You have to make it up on the spot!" -Denny Crane
"Hate to extort and run, but I'm afraid I will need an answer on this. Now." - Alan Shore.
"I would not mind you in my head, if you were not so clearly mad." - Lews Therin Telamon
Co-Guildmaster & Raidleader of Fifth SinImage King of Norweden and Waffle.

AshTrai
Co-Guild Master

Postby AshTrai » 09 Jan 2019, 10:52

What do u mean?
U can't do size/colouring on the text inside the spoiler tags?
There is a lot of html text formatting going on inside the spoiler tag code so it might be that, at a first guess

Return to “News and Progress”