Stakki - Mistweaver Monk [Declined]

Apply to Fifth Sin here. Make sure to READ THE STICKIES/ANNOUNCEMENTS at the top before applying!

Stakki
Class: Monk

Stakki - Mistweaver Monk [Declined]

Postby Stakki » 14 Jan 2019, 23:25

Personal Info
Real Name (Optional):Darren

Character Info
In-Game Name: Stakki
Primary Talent Spec: Mistweaver.
Scondary(off)Specs: dps but bad weapons.
What made you choose these specs for raiding?: I've been a healer since Wrath as a Shaman but BFA killed them at the start so rerolled to this Monk.
What made you gear/gem/enchant like you have? Get most of my info from the class discords to get the basics, for me at higher levels of gear etc I find I usually adapt to what I think I need myself.
Would you be willing to respec to the guilds needs?: Of course sure, I get all of my joy from healing so like an actual spec reroll would not be fun for me but if I had to dps to help now and then it would be my pleasure.
Your Current Artifact Neck trait lvl: 391 - APL 34 (again this is a reroll so I did have to start over with the AP grind)
Link to current armory profile: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... nor/Stakki This monk is a reroll from this expansion so most of my game history is on my Shaman https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... /Oomnomnom

Guild and Raid Info
Previous Guilds: Most recent and only guild this expansion is Teostra which has sadly stopped raiding due to core players constantly leaving.
How long were you in your previous guilds? From vanilla to Wrath I was in 3 guilds total the 3rd being an off shoot of the 2nd this in all honesty is probably the last time I was in such dedicated raiding guilds, since then I've just been floating along with some friends joining some random guilds and trying each raid as they come. Also I joined Teostra on the 24th of Oct 2018.
Why did you leave your previous guilds?: Mainly due to the collapse of the guild itself is what it takes for me to leave if I enjoy it there, I'm a stubborn old man stuck in my ways.
Do you know anyone in the Fifth Sin?: No I don't think so.
Raid Experience, elaborate!: Well it's been a long road but in vanilla I tanked as a warrior through most raid content my guild back then got server first Hakkar, got up to Thaddius in Naxx C'thun in AQ. TBC my guild did fairly well and I think we downed almost everything pre nerf except some big bosses (iirc we got 1% wipe on Muru a week or 2 before the nerfs) Wrath I rerolled to shaman and ended up in a PUG that did better than a lot of top guilds admittedly it did consist of some very good players from some of the best guilds on Silvermoon and we got 11/12 HC. In Legion was probably the last time I got tried to tackle some high end raiding but sadly the guilds I was in did not survive long enough or I parted ways.
How do you prepare for raids and new encounters? Just the standard checking websites such as wowhead and then watching videos, it might sound cliché but I really do prefer just jumping into encounters and seeing myself firsthand whats going down.
Are you willing to wipe lots to learn a new encounter?: As someone who has only really had an interest in raiding my entire play time wiping is a part of life and I welcome it.
Tell us a little about your playstyle, what you think you are good at, less good at, etc.: Playstyle I feel is a bit subjective to class at this point but overall I would say it was a very attentive one as being a healer requires you to have your eye on literally everything going on, on my Shaman I felt I was very good at spell weaving which I think is why I love it so. On my monk I kind of feel a lot of the time I'm just mashing my palms on the keys but I'm still very new to the class tbh I do really enjoy it though, this weird mix of druid style HoT up time and then crazy burst I find it quite relaxing.

Play Info
How long have you been playing WoW?: Since early/Mid original WoW, the only expansion I did not play at all was WoD.
How much do you play?: This has mostly been dependent on what I'm actually doing in the game like since my current guild has stopped raiding and started dying on its arse I don't think I've been on at all the past few weeks but if there are people online a lot and want to do stuff my playtime would increase too, but being in an active guild I could easily be on everyday.
Has your account been traded or passed on?: Oh my no.
Does anyone else have access to your account?: No
Do you have any high level alts?: I have 3 other 120's two are healers(sham/druid) and the other is a DK who can tank or dps.
Do you have a working microphone and Teamspeak 3 on your PC?: Microphone yup TS3 yup but will need updating for sure.
Do you actually use your mic during raids if called for? Gladly.
Can you attend our raid schedule? Wednesday and Monday (with optional days of Thursday, Sunday or Tuesday, one of which will be used when necessary) from 20:15(invites start) 20:30 (raid start) ->23:15) Yes.

The Ultimate Question - Sell Yourself
Why do you want to join Fifth Sin, and why should we recruit you?
:

Honestly in this format I could probably ramble all day about how much healing I can do or how little I overheal so consistently but that might be better suited for when and if you get to know my sarcastic nature, I have quite a wealth of experience within this game going back all the way but by my own admission not the greatest in the last current expansions but I do think I have built up a really good base of a player to fit into what is needed in a high end raiding environment. The best way any of us can check this is for you guys to take me into a raid and really see what I can do or can't do as even though I've been through it all there is always more to learn.

This is my very first character if you wanted to check old stuff - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... oon/Reighn

and some recent logs for my Monk - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/dg ... ng&fight=1 https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/3w ... pe=healing

Peachblossom
Head of Healers
Class: Priest

Re: Stakki - Mistweaver Monk

Postby Peachblossom » 15 Jan 2019, 10:33

Hi there, thanks for the application. We'll take a look at it and get back to you as soon as possible.

Stakki

Postby Stakki » 15 Jan 2019, 14:51

Leix
Raider

Postby Leix » 15 Jan 2019, 16:30

Shaman rerolled to Monk. Sounds familiar. :lol:

Stakki

Postby Stakki » 15 Jan 2019, 17:18

Ye was a sad day tbh and my current guild wanted a Monk which was the only healing class i've never tried so it wasn't entirely some FOTM kind of change. :D

Peachblossom
Head of Healers
Class: Priest

Postby Peachblossom » 16 Jan 2019, 15:39

After a a lot of thought I've decided to decline your application.

Good luck with finding a new raiding guild and enjoy your future wow experience.

Stakki

Postby Stakki » 16 Jan 2019, 15:47

Okay thanks for your time.

Return to “Recruitment”