Depriv - Shadow Priest

Apply to Fifth Sin here. Make sure to READ THE STICKIES/ANNOUNCEMENTS at the top before applying!

depriv
Raider
Class: priest

Depriv - Shadow Priest

Postby depriv » 27 Mar 2018, 00:35

Personal Info
Real Name (Optional):
Sebastian

Character Info
In-Game Name:

Depriv
Class:
Priest
Primary Talent Spec:
Shadow
Scondary(off)Specs:
Discipline (poorly)
What made you choose these specs for raiding?:
I've pretty much always played melee since the game came out but thought the shadow priest revamp looked and played really well, I didn't want to commit fully earlier on but since I came back around the release of ABT I decided to make it my main.
What made you gear/gem/enchant like you have?
Haste, haste, haste. Trying to hit that 16k sweet spot.
Would you be willing to respec to the guilds needs?:
I can, however I'm not a particularly skilled healer as it's never really caught my interest outside of 5-mans.
Your Current Artifact weapon trait lvl:
Link to current armory profile:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... nor/depriv

Guild and Raid Info
Previous Guilds:

Cynical, Moonshine Bunnies, Dysfunctional (all the same guild essentially)
How long were you in your previous guilds?
End of Emerald Nightmare
Why did you leave your previous guilds?:
I don't agree with a lot of the actions and attitude from the leadership, I'm not going to elaborate on it here, but there's a reason the guild has been remade several times over the expansion.
Do you know anyone in the Fifth Sin?:
I might have back in the olden days, not anymore though. ;)
Raid Experience, elaborate!:
I mostly raided on a higher level back in WotLK/Cata, doing heroic LK, being an interrupt bot on heroic Halfus etc. This expansion has been full of killing early mythic bosses until the team inevitably breaks down and has to be rebuilt again.
How do you prepare for raids and new encounters?
I'll watch playtesting from streamers, Finalboss and such just because I find it interesting, so I generally have a fairly good idea of what to expect going into a new encounter.
Are you willing to wipe lots to learn a new encounter?:
Yes
Tell us a little about your playstyle, what you think you are good at, less good at, etc.:
Consistency, I'll fail to a mechanic once or twice early on, and then never again. Patience, I have a pretty high tolerance and am able to keep a cool head during the process of wiping and learning. Less good is that it takes me a while to hit optimal performance, this is a lot to do with shadow being quite punishing if you're not 100% aware of the timings of a fight, but it takes me a couple of attempts to work out how to play it properly.

Play Info
How long have you been playing WoW?:

On and off since vanilla.
How much do you play?:
Depends a lot on work, some weeks I might be able to play for hours each day, others I'll be limited to only logging on for raids.
Has your account been traded or passed on?:
Nope
Does anyone else have access to your account?:
Nope
Do you have any high level alts?:
I have a death knight with comparable gear that I can play well, otherwise I have (almost) every class at cap, just not ready for more than the occasional normal run.
Do you have a working microphone and Teamspeak 3 on your PC?:
I didn't know TS was still a thing with Discord being all the rage these days? But yes, I do have a mic.
Do you actualy use your mic during raids if called for?
Yes
Can you attend our raid schedule? Wednesday and Monday (with optional days of Thursday, Sunday or Tuesday, one of which will be used when necessary) from 19:30(invites start) 20:00 (raid start) ->23:00)
Yes

The Ultimate Question - Sell Yourself
Why do you want to join Fifth Sin, and why should we recruit you?:

I'm looking for a stable guild with a schedule that suits me that also is able to progress at a decent rate, and Fifth Sin seems to hit all those points. A guild that's proven that it can stick around. As for me, I'm just a guy who considers myself pretty good at playing this game and who's alright to hang around with for whatever goes on outside of raid nights.

Side note: I was around on Outland way back in the day and thought that I recognized the guild name for some reason, so when I tried to create this account it said my email address was already in use, I went "???" but decided to look around for a bit, found an application I made here in 2010. :crazy: It's cringy as all hell so I'm not gonna post it here though. :rofl:

Peachblossom
Head of Healers
Class: Priest

Re: Depriv - Shadow Priest

Postby Peachblossom » 27 Mar 2018, 09:40

Hey there, thanks for the application. We'll get back to you after we have had a chance to take a look at it. Do you have a link to any recent raid logs for yourself? On your armory profile you are logged out as discipline, so I was wondering what legendaries you run with and why for shadow?

depriv
Raider

Postby depriv » 27 Mar 2018, 16:01

Here's a link to warcraftlogs - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/19828558#

As for legendaries - belt and sephuz 99% of the time with the chest and Prydaz being cycled in where necessary.

Alyssia
Co-Guild Master
Class: Warrior

Postby Alyssia » 28 Mar 2018, 08:25

Hey, we should hopefully be back to you with an answer by tonight.
"Big star. I blow solar flares out of my ass" -Denny Crane.
"You don't plan sincerity. You have to make it up on the spot!" -Denny Crane
"Hate to extort and run, but I'm afraid I will need an answer on this. Now." - Alan Shore.
"I would not mind you in my head if you were not so clearly mad." - Lews Therin Telamon.
Co-Guildmaster & Raidleader of Fifth SinImage King of Norweden and Waffle.

depriv
Raider

Postby depriv » 28 Mar 2018, 15:34

Coolio!

Goonier
Head of Ranged / Recruitment Officer
Class: Hunter

Postby Goonier » 29 Mar 2018, 00:36

Accepted for Trial whisper any officer for a guild invite