Legion progression raiding wrapped up - BfA planning commences!

Whats going on in the world of Fifth Sin today?
Alyssia
Co-Guild Master
Class: Warrior

Legion progression raiding wrapped up - BfA planning commences!

Postby Alyssia » 26 Apr 2018, 12:14

With BfA launch date announced and summer on the horizon we have decided to take a nice long and well deserved break until BfA is out. I want to thank all our raiders for their efforts and for all the good times we've had, Legion and raiding in Legion has been a blast!

We will gradually start the planning for BfA, some parts of it are well underway already. We wish to be ready in good time so that when first raid in BfA goes live we get a solid start with a prepared and eager raiding team. With that in mind there will be various info/feedback posts on this forum for our members that we hope you will take the time to read/reply to. And for those that are not currently among our raiders but wish to be, we welcome you to signal your interest. Once we have a full overview of what we will be looking to add to our roster for BfA we will open recruitment and start to fill whatever gaps we may have.

Raiding has been good in Legion, if a bit exhausting at times (looking at you in particular ToS :P), and we feel we have done quite well for ourselves. We started the expansion without a clear goal in mind in terms of raiding, the first one we set was "lets do heroic raiding and take it from there". That didn't last long, as heroic raiding was cleared in a couple of weeks, so from there the goal became "see where we can get in Mythic". We got Cutting Edge Xavius (should have been called Cutting Edge Cenarius more like it :P) and did pretty well for ourselves in all the raids since (ToV 2/3M, NH 8/10M, ToS 7/9M and ABT 8/11M), getting down Star Augur in NH was imo particularly enjoyable.

To give some context to the changes in the guild going into Legion as opposed to the previous expansions we used to raid 4 days of progression raiding every week. However as the IRL situations of the vast majority of our raiders had gradually changed, in combination with the content drought at the end of WoD, the wish to carry on raiding as much as we had been doing just wasn't there anymore. So for Legion we decided to make drastic changes going from 4 nights to 2 nights per week. Because of this and the prolonged break towards the end of WoD we were far from certain where things stood going into Legion. Much like when we made the move from EU-Outland to Eu-Draenor back in MoP it became in part a reset in terms of raiding.

So with all that in mind, while Legion was in many ways another fresh start, going into BfA we will be in a different position. With an established and strong raiding team, granted one that will need fresh additions to complete the roster, we wish to clarify what it is we aim to do. Our aim will be to continue the direction we have set in Legion, to continue to improve and grow stronger as a raiding team and as a guild. In terms of progression we wish to do even better than we have done in Legion. Getting Cutting Edge consistently would be nice, and we aim to get to a point where doing so is within our reach if we chose to go for it without compromising on our raiding days/times and general raiding philosophy.

I put it this way because we never know how they will end up tuning the raids, nor what it will ultimately require to do all the bosses. A lot of the methods used by guilds that for example raid a lot more than we do, or require multiple raiding characters per player/do split runs or completely reshuffle their raiding roster from boss to boss, are not really things we may wish to do. We likely wish to take a step in the direction of more closely tailoring our roster to the needs of the raids where we can afford to do so, but we also intend to keep in mind that we are a 2 day raiding guild for a reason. First and foremost it is important to us that raiding is a fun activity where we achieve something together as a team. We want to raid with capable players that we can share a laugh with and have a good time with both during raids and in general. That being said we plan to set strict requirements of attendance, effort and performance of our raiders, something we have to a large degree done in Legion, but intend to adhere to even more closely in BfA. We have identified areas where we struggled, or where we think we might have gone in the wrong direction, and intend to take the lessons learned during Legion and apply this to how we operate in BfA. We will makes changes where needed, we will look for solid and like minded players to flesh out the roster where we might have gaps, and we will do our very best to make BfA an even more fun and rewarding expansion than Legon(fingers crossed Blizzard doesn't fuck it up xD)!

Hope to see you all, be it current, returning or new faces for BfA! And while we will be on a progression raiding break until then, we will still be around, we will still be doing various non-progression raiding as well as other stuff, so if you have any questions or just want to talk to us about something, feel free to contact any officer in-game and will will do our best to help you out.
"Big star. I blow solar flares out of my ass" -Denny Crane.
"You don't plan sincerity. You have to make it up on the spot!" -Denny Crane
"Hate to extort and run, but I'm afraid I will need an answer on this. Now." - Alan Shore.
"I would not mind you in my head if you were not so clearly mad." - Lews Therin Telamon.
Co-Guildmaster & Raidleader of Fifth SinImage King of Norweden and Waffle.

Tiny
Raider
Class: Warlock

Re: Legion progression raiding wrapped up - BfA planning commences!

Postby Tiny » 27 Apr 2018, 01:21

TL;DR anyone?

Alyssia
Co-Guild Master

Postby Alyssia » 27 Apr 2018, 08:50

Tiny wrote:TL;DR anyone?

yes: Tiny is a git, and can't do transmog! :P
"Hate to extort and run, but I'm afraid I will need an answer on this. Now." - Alan Shore.
"I would not mind you in my head if you were not so clearly mad." - Lews Therin Telamon.

fuzznoggin
Axethrower
Class: Priest

Postby fuzznoggin » 27 Apr 2018, 08:54

• Legion raiding is done - we are on break until BfA
  • Staying 2-day for BfA - aiming for Cutting Edge
  • Raiding will remain fun but with stricter attendance / effort / performance requirements

Alyssia
Co-Guild Master

Postby Alyssia » 27 Apr 2018, 13:14

fuzznoggin wrote:

• Legion raiding is done - we are on break until BfA
  • Staying 2-day for BfA - aiming for Cutting Edge
  • Raiding will remain fun but with stricter attendance / effort / performance requirements

Covers the basics of the main points I suppose, thought to be clear I am not saying we will go for cutting edge no matter what, rather if it is within reach to do so with the means you mention in the next point then we would like to.

Gwaycia
Ogre
Class: Demon hunter

Postby Gwaycia » 27 Apr 2018, 15:06

Alyssia wrote:ToS 8/10M

I guess you're counting Mistress as 2 bosses, considering how long it took to kill her? :D

Alyssia
Co-Guild Master

Postby Alyssia » 27 Apr 2018, 15:19

Gwaycia wrote:
Alyssia wrote:ToS 8/10M

I guess you're counting Mistress as 2 bosses, considering how long it took to kill her? :D

Forgot to double check the numbers, copy pasted the NH progress instead of ToS by the looks of it, corrected now.

Venz
Peon
Class: Rogue

Postby Venz » 29 Apr 2018, 01:42

Ugh, and I thought listening to Aly's long stories was hard.. reading them however..

Looking forward to BfA, hopefully enough time & energy to be playing with u folk again :)

Devoured
Dragon
Class:

Postby Devoured » 30 Apr 2018, 16:42

Yeah we all know Alyssia talks shit for ages but there are times when making a post like this isn't so bad, sometimes you guys just give him shit for being Alyssia.

Venz
Peon
Class: Rogue

Postby Venz » 30 Apr 2018, 19:33

We all love Aly <3

AshTrai
Co-Guild Master
Class: Mage

Postby AshTrai » 05 May 2018, 15:54

Venz wrote:Ugh, and I thought listening to Aly's long stories was hard.. reading them however..
lol :lol:
AshTrai ~ 灰皿 ~ Co-GM & Mage Captain
"It's my duty. My duty as a complete and utter bastard!" - Arnold Rimmer
"My advice overall is to play that you enjoy and not swap constantly based on what some website says." - Ghostcrawler
Tharkun wrote:Where ever there is a thread that needs to be derailed, we will be there.
Where ever there is someone that needs taking down a peg or two, we will be there.
Where ever there is someone in need, we won't be there as we will be somewhere else taking the piss out of filthy lessers.

Alyssya
Ogre
Class: Druid

Postby Alyssya » 12 May 2018, 02:08

AshTrai wrote:
Venz wrote:Ugh, and I thought listening to Aly's long stories was hard.. reading them however..
lol :lol:

Oh, look whom I should recruit to tell me bedtime stories! Why didn't I think about it sooner?! Pffff
Don't take life seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway!

Tharkun
Head of Melee / ArchBattlesteed
Head of Melee / ArchBattlesteed
Class: Druid

Postby Tharkun » 12 May 2018, 05:59

Stories are for the poor.
Thaculrai
Officer and Dark Lord of Fifth Sin
Former Druid Class Master
Alyssia wrote:
Hightous wrote:Nice app! SWEDEN! He missed the "What are you good at" question tho but other than that he seams like a good player.

That question automatically blanks out when it detects swedes, as it knows anything written there would be a lie :P

Taurushon 06/02/2017 - "I wouldn't call it racist, just white supremacy"

Theyspokeina
Ogre
Class: Frost DK

Postby Theyspokeina » 21 Aug 2018, 13:41

Hahahaha!

Does he still do those motivating speeches?
He called several times: this is the kill and it is eventually...

Good luck guys!

Return to “News and Progress”