Holy Paladin- Raid Application [Declined]

Apply to Fifth Sin here. Make sure to READ THE STICKIES/ANNOUNCEMENTS at the top before applying!

Bekter
Class: Paladin

Holy Paladin- Raid Application [Declined]

Postby Bekter » 02 Oct 2019, 16:31

Personal Info
Real Name (Optional)
:Jack

Location: Aberystwyth Wales- Although I am from London I've been living in Aberystwyth for 2 and a half years now and now go to University here.

Character Info
In-Game Name:
Bekterx (Unfortunately Bekter was already taken when I transferred to Draenor!)

Primary Talent Spec: Holy although I do have experience playing every healer apart from Shaman. I generally like healing and have swapped to whatever class was needed in previous expansions and raid tiers.

Scondary(off)Specs: Retribution- Although I haven't played it much apart from questing for a long time.

What made you choose these specs for raiding?:My first class was a Hunter and I played that until half way through WOTLK. When they changed Mana to Focus I decided I wanted change mains as I didn't enjoy it anymore. I had, previous experience of healing on a Priest ( my dad's character) and decided I wanted to play Holy Paladin. Until and including MoP I played Holy Paladin main and resto druid as my main alt. I've just loved healing since I started maining it and I don't think i'd ever go back.

What made you gear/gem/enchant like you have?:
The current trend for Holy Paladin is the glimmer playstyle. With this you need to be able to put out Holy Shock on as many people as possible and as fast a possible. Haste plays a big part of this. Also, Intellect is not that important to me as It doesn't affect Glimmer of Light. As such as a Glimmer Holy Paladin you don't want to use the Intellect gem and it does affect your Ilvl. For example, Ilvl isn't always king for me especially if the item doesn't have haste on it. Sockets + Leech are also very important. In raid gear I have around 35% haste which is more than enough!
I do have a second set of gear that I use for M+ that doesn't have much Haste on it and is more Crit/Vers targetted as It contributes more to damage and healing.

Would you be willing to respec to the guilds needs?: Yes ofc, I try to keep up to date with different guides, the holy paladin discord, watching top players stream and also asking them in game If I have any questions and want any advice.

Your Current Artifact neck lvl:66 I did stop farming AP when I got to 65 a couple of weeks ago.

Link to current armory profile: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... or/bekterx
Link to relevant logs:
https://prnt.sc/ouvqqa - Disc Priest Heroic Uldir
https://prnt.sc/ouvq7y - Mw Monk Heroic BoD
https://prnt.sc/ouvq2h - Mw Monk Mythic BoD
https://prnt.sc/ouvqco- Holy Paladin Heroic TeP
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/ ... r/bekterx# - My Current logs for Mythic TeP. I've only been raiding on Mythic for the past 2 and a half weeks.

Guild and Raid Info
Previous Guilds:
Zïon+ VLC.

How long were you in your previous guilds? I was in Zïon for over a year and I've been in VLC for 1 month.

Why did you leave your previous guilds?: Due to being a Chef for the last 7 years I haven’t been able to raid. In the last year I joined Zïon as it is a late night raid guild and I wanted to get back into raiding. With me starting University in September I no longer need to raid at 01:00-03:00 server time. I wanted to get back into raiding again and join a Mythic guild. I could get a few officers to vouch for me from Zïon if needed. I am leaving VLC as with my University timetable I can no longer make the raid on a Monday at 19:00 server time as this is when I finish University on that day.

Do you know anyone in the Fifth Sin?:
Not at the moment, but I hope to make some new friends!

Raid Experience, elaborate!:
Vanilla: I didn't raid in Vanilla but I watched my dad raid during it haha!
TBC: I cleared everything apart from Black Temple, The Sunwell + Kael'thas in Tempest Keep.
WOTLK: I cleared Onyxia and organised pugs weekly and same with The Obsidian Sanctum 3 drakes. Cleared Naxx, Ulduar, The Eye of Eternity + Trial of the Crusader. I also killed a few bosses in ICC but wasn't raiding much around this time.
Cataclysm: Cleared Firelands Normal and then cleared Dragon Soul on normal and heroic.
MoP: I cleared Mogu'shan Vaults on normal and terrace of endless spring on normal. Killed a few bosses in Heart of Fear but I didn't enjoy the raid so I stopped playing. Cleared the first 8 Bosses on normal in Throne of Thunder and killed 3 on heroic Including Tortos. After that I pretty much stopped playing wow apart from some casual PvP. I came back to wow a month before Bfa came out and then found a late night raiding guild.
Warlords of Draenor: N/A
Legion: N/A
BFA:
Uldir - Curve + first 2 bosses Mythic
Batle of Dazar'alor- Curve + first 2 bosses Mythic
Crucible- 2/2 Normal but missed out on Heroic due to our guild taking a short break during this.
The Eternal Palace- Curve + 4/8 Mythic. I joined VLC on a progress Lady Ashvane night and we killed it on that night. Have killed her 3 times now and the first 3 bosses twice each. Last week we got Orgozoa to 6% twice.

How do you prepare for raids and new encounters?: Several different ways. I look at videos on youtube, I read some guides on wowhead and also lately there has been a raiding guide approved by Limit that I've been looking at.

Are you willing to wipe lots to learn a new encounter?: Yes that's fine, that's the best part of raiding for me, progression!

Tell us a little about your playstyle, what you think you are good at, less good at, etc.: I feel that I am good at healing and throughput and trying to figure out what's gone wrong from a healing perspective during progression. Sometimes I make mistakes with raid cd's when they aren't called out and you're new to a boss and have an assigned part to use it. But I guess that happens until you get comfortable on the boss. I tend to look out for soak mechanics and try and keep my eye open if there is one missing like on Ashvane and soaking on Orgozoa when you get downstairs.

Play Info
How long have you been playing WoW?:
Since Vanilla on and off.

How much do you play?: I play 4/5 days a week normally depends what there is to do. If there is something to farm I normally will play more often. At the moment I am not keeping any Alts geared up as I don't want to farm the rep on Nazjatar and Mechagon again anytime soon! Normally I would keep them up to date with gear.

Has your account been traded or passed on?
: No

Does anyone else have access to your account?: No

Do you have any high level alts?: I have a 120 Priest, druid + Monk all are healers. As I said I haven't really maintained them since Essences became a thing but I've been considering gearing one up again. I swapped healers If and when my guilds needed me to in the past. I love playing several healing characters.

Do you have a working microphone and Teamspeak 3 on your PC?: Yes.

Do you actualy use your mic during raids if called for?:
Yes, I will be vocal when needed. Especially if someone calls for a CD or soak and I can't do it due to it being on cooldown.

Can you attend our raid schedule? Wednesday and Monday (with optional days of Thursday, Sunday or Tuesday, one of which will be used when necessary) from 20:15(invites start) 20:30 (raid start) ->23:15): Yes definately.

General
How did you first come across Fifth Sin, and what led you to apply?:
I was looking on wowprogress for guilds with a similar progress to mine that were recruting a Holy Paladin. The later raid times suit me better and the long guild history appeals to me.

Anything else you would like to add? (optional): I have been looking at your raid logs, you seem very stable, which is something I am looking for. I don’t want to fall into the trap of joining collapsing guilds as I hear about so often and from what I can tell, this looks like the place for me. Also as I said the fact you guys have a long raid history really appeals to me. I do play a little M+ outside raids and would like to maybe push that a little more this season as I will have more time then I did before!

The Ultimate Question - Sell Yourself

Why do you want to join Fifth Sin, and why should we recruit you?: I think you guys should recruit me as I'm a strong and reliable healer. I can take criticism and will always own up to my own mistakes. I will ask questions if I'm not sure about something especially a raid tactic. I take pride in my character and will always look at ways to improve through checking my logs, using wowanalyser and speaking to other players. I also always come prepared to raids with Flasks, pre pots, tomes, runes and personal food! I haven't raided much in the last few expansions but I am determined to push some progress and do what I love the most in the game! During progress I'm not looking for farming high parses I'll do what needs to be done to get the kill. Including sacrificing some healing to do more damage such as wings on pull on orgozoa and using the Cyclo trinket rather then a passive healing one.

I look forward to hearing from you guys!
Bekter

Peachblossom
Head of Healers
Class: Priest

Re: Holy Paladin- Raid Application

Postby Peachblossom » 02 Oct 2019, 16:59

Hi, there, thanks for the application. We'll take a look at it and get back to you as soon as we can.

Peachblossom
Head of Healers

Postby Peachblossom » 02 Oct 2019, 21:58

We'd like to have a chat on ts3 to see how good a fit we might be for each other. You can whisper me in-game to arrange a mutually suitable time.

Bekter

Postby Bekter » 05 Oct 2019, 15:40

Hi,

I’ve been looking for you online but I guess our paths haven’t crossed online. I am keen to speak to you on ts3 though!

Peachblossom
Head of Healers

Postby Peachblossom » 06 Oct 2019, 14:03

You can add me on bnet Peachblossom#21669

Peachblossom
Head of Healers

[Declined] Re: Holy Paladin- Raid Application

Postby Peachblossom » 10 Oct 2019, 14:20

This application has been declined due to lack of contact from the applicant.

Return to “Recruitment”