Nectarines - Holy Paladin [Accepted]

Apply to Fifth Sin here. Make sure to READ THE STICKIES/ANNOUNCEMENTS at the top before applying!

Nectarines
Raider
Class: Holy Paladin

Nectarines - Holy Paladin [Accepted]

Postby Nectarines » 09 Oct 2019, 23:08

Personal Info
Real Name (Optional): Dan

Character Info
In-Game Name: Nectarines
Class: Holy Paladin
Primary Talent Spec:

Glimmer of light build, with rule of law and divine purpose
Scondary(off)Specs:

Retribution

What made you choose these specs for raiding?:

I have enjoy playing healer for a while now, also in other mmos such as tera and swtor, I always enjoyed playing the healing role, its a mixture of problem solving and raw throughput and I find it very engaging, As for glimmer of light build, its very fun to play in raids, it has very low mana restrictions and allows for continous output throughout the fight aswell as big ramp up CD moments. It can be challenging aswell, in trying to make sure you have the raid glimmered up before big damage events, positioning to ensure that holy shock cd can be reduced with crusader strike etc. I also like the utility that hpala brings, BoP is so useful especially in mythic plus, ofcourse freedom has its uses, and the often overlooked potency of devotion aura mastery
What made you gear/gem/enchant like you have?:

The glimmer build has different stat weights for mythic plus and raiding
currently I have 3 different armour sets that I am swapping between all with slightly tweaked weights, depending on the encounter

my main raid go to set is
18 - crit
32- haste
34 - mastery
9 - vers
6 - leech

however the two other set i use vary the amount of mastery and crit, ie , one set has nearly 40 mastery and only 13 crit.
Building the glimmerdin for raiding means having enough haste so that the cooldown for holyshock is not only lowered, the gcd reduced, but hopefully allowing for 1 crusader strike per holy shock reset while wings are active, as holyshock as a baseline crit of 30%, static crit on gear can be lowered, so in essence at 18% holyshock will crit 48% of the time, then with wings - 78% of the time. intellect is less important due to glimmer of light not scaling with int, but only increasing with azerite traits from higher ilvl, and this is currently this biggest upgrade i could get, 450 glimmer traits - however the vendor has been unkind so far, but here hoping to next week.

Ideally without wings, I would aim to keep around 6-8 glimmers active in the raid, and with wings 15+, this is why haste is so important. Mastery scales all healing for those in range, and being in melee in order to keep crusader strikes on cd means the potential of mastery can be realized.
Vers can probably be lowered from where I have it at 9 to around 6, with the difference being made up from the Conflict and strife essense, however as of yet I cannot do this without negatively impacting my other stats.

Would you be willing to respec to the guilds needs?:

Yes

Your Current Artifact neck lvl:

I am currently at 68 with 9000 to go until 69, I am using two rank 3 essenses "vision of perfection" and "Well of exsistance" and a rank 2 "conflict and strife"

Link to current armory profile:

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... Nectarines
i will try to always log out in my raid set, should the stats be widely different from what i have stated above, note that it may be my mythic plus set.

Link to relevant logs:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wdkmzFc62Ma1Z8Vr/
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/8V ... fight=last
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/XmwZdcKRybj4PBCT/
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/HT1KQvqXYnVARWbh/

Previous Guilds:

in wrath and Cata I played in some of the top guilds on Dragonblight EU - Aeternus, Solar Wind and Tivoli this was between t8 and t12 doing hardmorde content at the time
I have recently started playing again a few months ago and have been in a guild called "eight sin" ironically, and Infestation

How long were you in your previous guilds?

in Wrath I played on allaince on dragonblight EU, and that was split between Aeternus and Solar Wind, I transferred to Horde for Cata and Played the expansion with Tivoli , although stopped playing around the end of dragonsoul

Why did you leave your previous guilds?:

I left Eighth sin due to a personal disagreement where i did not feel comfortable playing with someone anymore, before that I in terms of wrath and cata guild, I honestly cannot remember.
Why am I looking to move from my current guild? - the officers are no longer wanting to play, and as such all raiding has ceased in the last week.

Do you know anyone in the Fifth Sin?:

not a soul, but hope to!.

Raid Experience, elaborate!:

Cata (all while current) nothing included that i gained after
Blackwing desent 4/6hc
twilight - 2/5 hc
throne of four 1/2 hc

Firelands
6/7hc

dragonsoul
7/8hc

wrath
trial of crusader 25 5/5hc
Icc25 12/12

and ulduar cleared aswell for the achs

More recently BFA
when i started playing again in uldir - cleared 8/8 hc getting ahead of the curve then had to take a break

from august this year to now - eternal palace 8/8hc ahead of the curve, and 3/8 mythic with experience and strong logs on ash.

How do you prepare for raids and new encounters?:

I try to look up some guides or videos if they are out - im generally looking for the flow of the fight, I know reading and watching videos cant really
teach the encounter fully, as playing and experiencing the mechanics is the best teacher, but generally im looking for the big damage events, trying to take a note of the timing of these events and planning out wings and other cooldown usages, ofcourse before I actually play the encounter these are essentially draft notes, just an idea, and will be sibject to change in the encounter if its needed, I also try to plan for any healing downtime, where dps can be more focused on the boss. And I also try to be familiar with all the mechanics. There is nothing worse than not really knowing what to do, in terms of dealing with a mechanic, if i am unsure I find myself second guessing or hesitating, and it is bad for play.

Are you willing to wipe lots to learn a new encounter?:

that is the best way to learn a fight, when I played in HC guilds in wrath and cata it was understood that wiping on a new boss was the only way to get the entire raid comfortable and confident on it, I have found that recently people expect a look at icy viens or wowhead then a one shot.

Tell us a little about your playstyle, what you think you are good at, less good at, etc.:

I think Im good at making changes, Im constantly looking to improve my stats and throughput, even between pulls, as I said previously I have 3 sets saved all with slightly different stat balances that I liked to change around depending on the encounter.
I have found that I enjoy the heavy healing encounters, where its pretty close to the bone and stressful, in this enviroment I have the most fun, and perform my best, when its easy mode, say 3 healing the HC run, I can find myself getting lazy as it feels like there is nothing to heal. and in those situations it feels like sniping heals and trying to get a sick log is redundant. I enjoy and thrive in the encounters where i can see and feel my actions having an impact.

Rotation -
Before the pull I try to cast holyshock on the two tanks, maybe some of the dps if I get the divine proc, usually a pot on pull, sometimes intellct, but more often the one that adds some damage to your abilities. after the pull I am casting holy shock on whoever needs healed, and reseting it with crusader strike on the boss, anytime I cannot cast holyshock or crusader, I will judgement, or light of the dawn, or consecration depending on what is needed. flash of light is very rarely used unless extreme emergency or all of the above are on cd

usually I will have planned the damage event in which to use wings, this maybe be when the bubbles start being soak on ashvane, the aoe explosions on radiance etc - i will pop wings and try to spread glimmer throughout the raid, ideally before the damage event, about 10-15secs into wings, I use holy avenger which further more increases the potency of holy shock and glimmer.

Play Info
How long have you been playing WoW?:

on and off from just before wrath launch
How much do you play?:

recently I have been playing an outrageous amount - I think its making me ill.

Has your account been traded or passed on?:

never

Does anyone else have access to your account?:

nobody

Do you have any high level alts?:

A druid - resto and balance
A shaman - rarely played but with resto experience
Priest - again rarely played

Do you have a working microphone and Teamspeak 3 on your PC?:

I have a working mic and as of right now I do not have Ts3 installed but have used it in the past

Do you actualy use your mic during raids if called for?:

I can use my mic in raid when its needed, but generally try to be pretty quiet in raids, there is usually enough comms traffic without me adding to it
but in situations where it is needed, to call something importaint out etc, ofcourse i will use my mic

Can you attend our raid schedule? Wednesday and Monday (with optional days of Thursday, Sunday or Tuesday, one of which will be used when necessary) from 20:15(invites start) 20:30 (raid start) ->23:15):
these times are perfect for me.

General
How did you first come across Fifth Sin, and what led you to apply?:

I was perusing wowprogress looking for a guild on draenor that was looking for a Hpala, I found this guild and decided to try my luck with an application

Anything else you would like to add? (optional):

The Ultimate Question - Sell Yourself
Why do you want to join Fifth Sin, and why should we recruit you?:

So what can I offer to the guild?, someone who is eager to play, is familiar with raiding at the top end in terms of what is expected of me, I believe playing with Fifth Sin, would allow me to use my character in the enviroment that it has been built up for, namely mythic raiding, but also allow me access to a network of keen and able players, that will increase my enjoyment of my wow gametime. By giving me a spot in your raid you will gain a reliable raider who turns up and performs, is always looking to improve and make the changes needed to progress.

Peachblossom
Head of Healers
Class: Priest

Re: Nectarines - Holy Paladin

Postby Peachblossom » 10 Oct 2019, 09:30

Hey there, thanks for your application. We'll take a look at it and get back to you.

Peachblossom
Head of Healers

Postby Peachblossom » 10 Oct 2019, 20:26

Hi, can you contact me in-game to set up a chat on teamspeak 3 ?

My bnet tag is Peachblossom#21669

Peachblossom
Head of Healers

Postby Peachblossom » 12 Oct 2019, 13:03

Accepted for trial, whisper an Officer for a guild invite.

Return to “Recruitment”